Chapter four

CHAPTER FOUR: memory lane

¸„.-•~¹°"ˆ˜¨ ᏂᏋᎽ ᏰᏒᎧᏖᏂᏋᏒ, ᏂᏋᎽ ᏕᎥᏕᏖᏋᏒ ¨˜ˆ"°¹~•-.„¸

"So, what exactly happened on that trip? Jensen Gilbert asked his sister.

"Talk about me?" Damon asks, sliding into the seat next to Jensen.

Jensen glared at him. "Yes. We were talking about how we would kill you. And unlike you, I would succeed. Now that Stefan isn't here."

"I have killed plenty of people." Damon says, as if that was the issue.

"John, Alaric, Isobel, and Jeremy," Jensen lists. "Although if Jeremy did stay dead, I would torture you for ten years straight. Before killing you."

"What do you want?" Elena asked Damon, sighing.

"So, this is where you spend your time when you're not stabbing people in the back." Damon told Elena.

"Would you rather I stab you in the front?" Jensen smiled, moving his hand to his pocket.

"I tricked you into telling me the truth, that's not stabbing you in the back, it's using your own tactics against you." Elena replied, getting up.

"Where are you going?" Damon asked.

"I made myself clear, Damon. I want nothing to do with you."

"Okay. See you at Jenna's barbecue."

"You're not invited," Jensen immediately says.

"How did you know about Jenna's barbecue?" Elena asked.

"It was my idea. Jenna went to high school with Mason Lockwood so I figured a social gathering would be a good way to get to know the guy. So I told Ric to tell Jenna and..."

"I'm going to stab him again," Jensen says, glancing around for any witnesses.

"Does Jenna know that you're going to be there because she's not exactly a fan of yours." Elena told him.

A woman arrives and gives him a box with a pie in it. "Perfect. Thank you. I'm hoping this peach cobbler will pave the way."

Jensen looked around, making sure no one was looking.

"What are you up to?" Elena grabbed Jensen's arm before he could stab Damon. "There are people here, J."

"I'm gonna put some silver into Mason Lockwood and prove he is a werewolf. See you at the barbecue." Damon then leaves.