Chapter eight

CHAPTER EIGHT: 162 candles

*•.¸ 𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛, 𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 ¸.•*

JENSEN GILBERT SAT IN FRONT OF CAROLINE'S MOTHER. The woman was questioning about Vicki's disappearance.

"Honestly, Ms. Forbes-"

"I told you a hundred times, Jensen to call me Liz." She told the boy, then sighing. "Did Vicki tell you anything about her leaving?"

"No, but, it's better she's gone. Come on, she's just like her mother," Jensen sighs, crossing his arms. "She made Matt take care of her, she drinks and does drugs. She cares for no one but herself. And, she was sleeping with my little brother. Seriously, if I was a girl, I'd fought her. But, no, since I'm a boy and she's a woman, everyone would look at me like I'm a monster."

Liz forced a smile. "Thank you. That will be all, Jensen." 

Jensen got up from his seat.

"Oh, and Jensen," she called out. "Be careful."

"Always am," he smiled back.
*•.¸ 𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛, 𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 ¸.•*

The Gilbert family walked out of the sheriff station.

"I'll meet you guys in the car," Elena tells her family. Jensen glanced back and forth at Elena and Stefan. Elena forced a smile, placing a hand on her brother's arm. "I'll meet you in the car."

Jensen looked at Stefan, then lifting up his hand and jabbed two fingers at him. Stefan fought the smile coming to his face. "I'm watching you."
*•.¸ 𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛, 𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 ¸.•*

They were back at the Gilbert house, Jeremy is in the kitchen while Elena, Jenna and Jensen are in the living room.

"You're wallowing," Jenna tells Elena.

"So are you." Elena replied.

"My wallow is legitimate. I was dumped."

"Yeah, Logan's an asshole." Jensen told his aunt.

"You didn't get a brush-off e-mail say 'I'm leaving town see ya.'" Jenna told them, muttering in an angry voice.