Chapter thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: daddy issues

▀▄▀▄▀▄ ꀍꏹꂖ ꃃꋪꁏꋖꀍꏹꋪ, ꀍꏹꂖ ꌚꀤꌚꋖꏹꋪ ▄▀▄▀▄▀

JENSEN GILBERT KNEW THAT HIS UNCLE/BIRTH FATHER WAS HERE FOR A REASON. A reason that he and Elena were going to find out. They both walked into the kitchen, where they knew he was.

"Morning," John greeted.

"What are you doing here?" Elena asked.

"Coffee?"

"Stop trying to distract us. It's not happening again. Why are you here?" Jensen glared at the man.

"I'm here to protect you two. That's all I can say for the moment."

"What do you mean that's all you can say?"

"I'll tell you more when I'm convinced I can trust you."

"Trusts us?" Jensen asked, stepping up to the man. "Who's the one who lied to us-"

"Oh God, I'm late." Jenna ran into the room.

Alaric laughed. "That's what you get for hitting the snooze three times!"

Jenna sees John and is surprised. "What the hell?"

"Good morning to you, Jenna. Alaric..." John speaks.

"It's okay I'm confused, right? Because we were not expecting you, like, ever." Jenna told him.

"Well, I got in late last night. Jensen let me in."

"No. No. I came back home and I was ambushed by him!" Jensen immediately denied.

"You know, I'm uh, probably just gonna take off." Alaric says, he quickly glanced at the twins before he left.

"I'm still confused here." Jenna says

"I decided to come back and stay for a while." John says.

"Not here, you're not."

"Actually, you can't stop me from living here."

"Actually I can, as legal guardian."

"Yeah, about that...um, Elena, Jensen you want me to explain the situation, or would you like to do the honors?"