Chapter seventeen

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: know thy enemy

—(••÷[ ꁝꏂꌦ ꃳꋪꄲ꓄ꁝꏂꋪ, ꁝꏂꌦ ꇙ꒐ꇙ꓄ꏂꋪ ]÷••)—

THE THREE STAND INSIDE THE HOUSE, SHOCKED.

"Hello, Elena, Jensen," Isobel says. "It's nice to see you again."

"Oh, fuck this. Get out!" Jensen yelled.

"Again?" Aunt Jenna questioned.

"Jenna-" Jensen began.

"So you're the woman who's dating my husband. I need to speak to Elena and Jensen. May I come in?" Isobel asked.

"No. You stay out there," Jensen snapped at the woman.

Elena shook her head. "N-n-no. Don't...don't invite her in."

"I need to talk to you two." Isobel says.

"No!" Elena slams the door in Isobel's face and looks at Jenna, who's crying.

"You knew she was still alive? Ric? John? Did they know?" Jenna asked.

"Let us explain-" Jensen says.

"I can explain everything, Jenna." Elena said.

Jenna ran up the stairs. "No."

"No. Jenna, please." The twins run up the stairs after her. "Jenna, please. Wait. Jenna, please wait."

Jenna's goes into her bedroom and slams the door. Elena and Jensen are immediately outside, at the door.

"Jenna, you have to talk to us. I...I need to explain what's going on. Jenna, please."
—(••÷[ ꁝꏂꌦ ꃳꋪꄲ꓄ꁝꏂꋪ, ꁝꏂꌦ ꇙ꒐ꇙ꓄ꏂꋪ ]÷••)—

"Jenna," Jensen calls out, still waiting outside the door. "Please, you have to understand, that we had gone searching for her, but, she told us to leave. She only-" wanted to get something we had.

The door opened, but, Jenna walked right pass him. Jensen followed her down the stairs.

"Hey," Elena says.
"Jenna," Alaric called out.

"I don't want you here, Rick. You need to go," Jenna quickly says, throwing her bag down on the ground.

"Okay, listen. I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now." Alaric spoke.