Chapter twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE: unpleasantville

>❣нey вroтнer, нey ѕιѕтer>❣

JENSEN GILBERT HAD BEEN SEARCHING FOR CAROLINE FORBES. He smiled widely once seeing the girl, immediately pulling her into a hug.  She was surprised to be pulled into the hug, she hugged him back. "Wow, are you okay?" She asked the boy.

"Yeah. Just, haven't seen you in a while. I had wanted to check up on you after the-" he paused, unsure of Caroline would want to hear about it so soon.

"Logan attacking me," Caroline says.

"Yeah, that bastard, but, I...I wasn't sure if you even wanted to see anybody else, except your mother." Jensen tells her.

Elena hadn't said anything the entire time, looking at Caroline as if she had said the most insane thing.
>❣нey вroтнer, нey ѕιѕтer>❣

Elena had informed Jensen that they were going to the Grill, and telling Bonnie that he and she were adopted. The three sat at a table in the Grill, low voices.

"I can't believe you guys are adopted." Bonnie tells the twins.

"I never saw that coming. And it gets weirder. I looked at both mine and Jensen's birth certificate. It lists Miranda and Grayson Gilbert as our birthparents. None of it makes any sense."

"Which is why you should ask Jenna." Bonnie tells them, which makes Elena groan. "First of all, the Elena I know would always want the real truth, good or bad."

"What if it was like, a closed adoption, but instead of the adopted parents knowing nothing about the birth parents, mom and dad contacted adopted us through the birth parents?" Jensen asked. "That could have happened, right?"

Elena tilted her head, considering the idea. "Yeah, it could be that." Then she turned to Bonnie, she recalled that Bonnie had something else to say. "And second of all?"

"You just found out your boyfriend is a vampire, so unless your birthparents are aliens... How bad could it be?"

"Ah, ok, look, I have to go to the store. My outfit for the dance is severely lacking accessories." Elena said, standing up.

"Ok, I'll pay the bill." Bonnie says.

"Ok. Bye."

"Bye. J, I got it," Bonnie tells him.

Jensen smiled at her, the smile dropping when he had seen Damon standing behind Bonnie. Bonnie turned around as Jensen stepped forward. She glared up at the vampire. "What do you want from me?"