Chapter fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: a few good men

()H͙e͙y͙ b͙r͙o͙t͙h͙e͙r͙, h͙e͙y͙ s͙i͙s͙t͙e͙r͙()

JENSEN GILBERT HAD LEFT A MESSAGE FOR BONNIE, CHECKING ON HER. Or he planned to, he didn't think that she was pick up when he called.

"Hey, Jensen," Bonnie voice comes through the phone.

"Bonnie," he says, a little surprised. "Hey, I just wanted to check on you. Although, asking how you are doing is probably a dumb question. So, did you sleep last night, and eat this morning?"

Bonnie laughed lightly, Jensen smiled at hearing it.

"Jensen!" Elena called out. "Come here!"

"Hey, sorry B," Jensen tells the girl. "Elena's calling me, and she's got her 'lecture tone' on."

Once again, Bonnie laughed. "Okay, bye, Jensen."

"Bye, Bon," Jensen hung up, walking over to the kitchen.

"I do not have my lecture tone on," Elena says, sounding like she was about to lecture Jensen about lying.

Jenna pulls out her laptop and sits down at the dining table and Elena stands next to her, removing her jacket. "Your dad kept everything from his medical practice—records, logs, old appointment books." She pulls out a journal and opens it, showing a page to the twins. "I found an entry from the night you were born. Patient and a birth date. Isobel Peterson."

"Do you think that's her real name?" Elena questioned.

"Pregnant teenage runaway? Probably not. First name, maybe. But where'd she get Peterson? Classmate? Best friend? So I binged it." Jenna pulls up the Internet and types in a name in the search engine. "I searched for all the Petersons in this area born the same year as Isobel, found three, two men and a woman, Trudie, who lived in Grove Hill, Virginia."

"That's not far from here." Jensen realized.

"Well, watch this." Jenna types something else into the search engine and pulls up an image of Isobel from high school.

Isobel." Elena looks at the picture with a smile. "She was a cheerleader."

"Trudie still lives there." Jenna hands Elena a post-it note. "This is her address."

"What about Isobel?" Jensen questioned.

"I couldn't find anything about her."