Chapter - 39

Recap: Raghav and Malini reach chennai for Malini's nuptial thread changing ritual

************

The morning was very busy for every body as they went on heels preparig for the ritual. The living area was decorated with flowers. Plates with fruits and flowers, lamp was placed in the middle portion. ew close relatives were expected to join the ritual. 

Raghav woke up and wore a maroon shirt and silk veshti and  went out after informing his parents. Sujatha was busy in downstairs and Devika helped Malini get ready for the ritual. After sometime there was a knock and Devika opened the door a little and peeked outside.

Devika: Ennada ready agura wait pannu. ( what boy ? she is getting ready so wait )

Raghav: Maa, idha kudukka dhan vandhen.( Maa, I just came to give these)  He gave jasmine flowers for Malini and left down.

She closed the door and saw Malini draped in a maroon saree.

Devika: Unakku poo vaangi kuduthutu poran. Nee idhaye vechukko. ( he got flowers for you so you pin those only)

Relatives also joined them on time and all waited for Malini to come down. Raghav's eyes was fixed on the stairs to look at his wife. Devika came down holding Malini's hand.

Malini was draped in a maroon saree and she wore the jewels Raghav bought her the previous day. Her hair was plaited and the jasmine flowers adorned her hair. She looked like a bride walking. She looked at Raghav who was already lost in her. She raised her eyebrows and he winked at her. She averted her gaze but her blush.

She was made sit and soon they started the ritual. The elder ladies sat around her and took the yellow thread and added the nuptial pendant to the gold chain. They called Raghav and asked him to wear it around Malini's neck and he did. They gave him a garland and he put on her neck. Everybody blessed Malini one by one with the arathi plate.

Raghav clicked pictures on the entire ritual and many pictures of Malini for his own gallery. After the ritual everybody went to have food and Malini left to her room to relax for sometime. Raghav followed her and closed the door. He hugged her tightly inhaling the scent of the jasmine flowers.

Raghav: Semma azhaga iruka. Kolra enna. ( you are so beautiful and killing me )

Malini: Podhu podhum. Keela ellarum irukanga vidu. ( Enough, everyone is waiting for us downstairs)

Raghav: Engadi olichi vechurukka azhagu yellam. ipo onnum pannama summa vitta naa manushane ila theriyuma. ( Where did you hide all these beauty girl ? I m not a human if Ilet you go without doing anything )

Malini: Panna vendam nu sollala ippo venda. Yarachum varuvanga please. ( I m not stopping you from doing anything but now now. someone might walk in on us)

Raghav: Oru kiss mattum achu please. ( Atleast a kiss please)

He cupped her cheeks and kissed her lips hungrily and his hands snaked around her bare waist and squeezed it. She pulled from the kiss as she fell short of breathe.

Malini: Podhu po. ( enough .. leave)

Raghav: Selfie eduthutu poren. ( I will leave after taking a selfie)

His hands were around her shoulder and pulled her closer and kissed her cheeks for a selfie.

Raghav: Saree seri pannitu vaa naa keela poren. ( come down after adjusting your saree. I will leave now )

He went down and Malini checked herself in the mirror and corrected her saree before going down.

Raghav standing speaking on a call when she walked down. Relatives were chitchatting and she went to the kitchen to drink water but stopped when she hear one o her aunty speak to her mom.