Chapter One

“Oh, just Blue!” Her bow shaped, plump pink lips broke into a dazzling smile. Ryder was intrigued beyond words. 

“Why would you call me that?” He asked curiously. The gorgeous creature shrugged.

“Your eyes are blue, your tee shirt's blue, your jeans are blue and so are your shoes. Oh, even your watch is blue. So what do I call you, huh?” She asked. Ryder looked at himself with disbelief. How did he manage that? He had dressed up for college
in a hurry as he had woken up late. She was right. He looked ridiculously blue!

Ryder laughed. “Right. I like the name,” he said and then leaning forward a little, he locked his eyes with hers on the mirror. “Did you like what you saw?,” he asked, making her blush furiously.

“Can you untangle the mess please?” she whispered, looking away from him. Ryder couldn’t resist the temptation of touching the smooth, creamy skin on her neck. His fingers brushed against the soft skin as he removed the rest of her hair to concentrate only on the tangled ones. Goosebumps erupted on the skin of her arms at his touch making him all the more enthralled by her. 

“There, done,” he said finally, feeling a little disappointed that it happened so soon. The girl smiled with relief. 

“Thanks, I’ll take both,” she said walking out of the trial room. Ryder nodded as if in a trance, following her outside. 

“I’ll make the bill for you,” he said, going to the counter. 

“I don’t have so much time. Here’s the money for the dresses,” she said, placing the money on the counter. Ryder looked up at the gorgeous creature who was already halfway to the main door. 

“Hey, wait! I need to make a bill,” he asked desperately. 

“You can make it and keep it. I’ll collect it some other time,” she said with a wave.

“But wait! In what name should I make it?” he asked looking flustered.

“Anastasia,” she said before closing the door after her. Ryder stared at her rushing away.

“Anastasia,” he said in a trance. “Hey wait! Take your change!” he said picking up the money and dashed after her. Once outside, he checked in all directions but she had completely disappeared from sight in a few seconds. He smacked his forehead in despair. What terrible luck! How would he search for that gorgeous creature now? He had never seen her in Fordsville before and neither did he know her full name! He couldn’t go door to door asking for Anastasia. Could he?

He walked back dejectedly to the shop and just muttered curses at his bad luck. For the first time, his heart had skipped a beat or two seeing a girl and he failed to get her details. He was always successful in procuring the phone number of any female he wanted. Then what happened today? How did his charm fail? Aunt Charlotte returned from her meeting and was impressed by his performance. 

“Did you collect something for yourself, Ryder?” she asked indulgently. 

“No, aunt Charlotte. I’ll come down before my birthday,” he told her. 

Afterwards, he reached home and was about to walk in through the huge gates of Wildcreek Ranch when his glance fell upon his sister, Renée. She was pushing someone in a turquoise dress into a car. Ryder blinked. Was he hallucinating or did that turquoise dress look familiar? Before he could make up his mind, the car raced down the road and away. He kicked a stone with frustration and walked into the house. It was evening and there was quite a conversation going on in the living room. Rhett's new crush, Adelaide, who had lived with her granny in the ranch next to them, had come over.