Chapter Twenty-Nine

Anastasia blushed at his demand, suddenly feeling shy. Ryder's finger touched her chin gently compelling her to look up at him. “Kiss me, Annie. I’ve come all the way here for you,” he said in a hoarse voice, filled with longing. Anastasia touched his cheek and neck in a soft caress while he closed his eyes, a shudder going down his body at her tender touch.

“I love you, Annie,” he whispered, opening his eyes and looking right into hers. Anastasia pulled his head towards her and placed a soft peck on his lips. His breath hitched yet he didn’t kiss her, waiting for her to take the initiative. Anastasia ran her tongue over his lips, tasting him boldly, her mouth biting and sucking his lower lip like it was the most delightful dessert on earth! He allowed her, surrendering to her sweet but bold move, parting his mouth for her to deepen the kiss. Her fingers caressed the soft silky hair at the nape of his neck. It was bliss, it was heaven, it was home for him. He realized that she had grown a little bolder than she was when he had last kissed her. Did she kiss other guys like this? A pang of jealousy pierced his heart and he grabbed her head and deepened the kiss with a groan. His mouth took over and the kiss turned hungry, wild and passionate in no time. 

His hand molded her body into his and a soft moan of pleasure escaped her mouth. “Blue!” she breathed when finally he broke the kiss and rested his forehead against hers to catch his breath. 

“Be mine, Annie, “ he whispered earnestly, making her heart flutter. She wanted to be his. 

“I am yours, Blue. Wherever I might be, I’ll always be yours,” she whispered back. Ryder raised his head and looked deep into her eyes. She looked a little sad and he had no idea why. He wanted to erase the sadness from her eyes. He wanted to see her happy. 

“Wow! Really? Be my girlfriend,  then?” he asked eagerly. Anastasia smiled and nodded.

“Yes,” she whispered, making Ryder’s face brighten with happiness. At that point of time Anastasia forgot all about her mom, about Madame Slovene and her destiny. She was lost in the love she felt for Ryder. She was overwhelmed by the true love he felt for her. Even after so many months of being apart, he hadn’t forgotten her, he still loved her. If this wasn’t true love, what was? 

“Whoa! I really can’t believe this. Let’s go out and celebrate,” he said, picking her up and whirling her around with happiness, like she didn’t weigh anything at all. 

“Ryder, put me down,” she laughed with ecstasy. Ryder loved the feel of her body in his  arms, he loved the happiness bubbling inside her. He could listen to it forever. Slowly and reluctantly, he placed her down. 

“So, I don’t see anyone at home. Are you alone or what?” asked Ryder curiously looking around. Anastasia nodded.

“At the moment, yes. Dad and Anson have gone to the restaurant,” informed Anastasia. She was proud of her brother and dad for never losing hope and working hard to succeed in their restaurant business. Her mom never called or visited them once since the day she left home. If she did, she would have been stunned at how Anson had picked himself up and supported his dad during his time of need. 
“Then we can go on a date and celebrate? Later I’ll drop by to meet them. Is that okay with you?” he asked eagerly. He wasn’t playing around with her and therefore needed to meet her family. Anastasia smiled and nodded. 

“I’m sure dad would like you a lot,” she said shyly. Ryder grinned and caught her hand. 

“Great. Now let’s go,” he said, pulling her along with him towards the door. 

“Wait, Ryder. I can’t go wearing these. I need to get ready. C’mon, it’ll take me five minutes. You can wait in my room,” she said shyly. Ryder’s eyes took in her shorts and tee shirt, not understanding what was wrong with her clothes. She really looked good in them but he loved the idea of going to her bedroom and nodded.