Chapter Sixteen

Anastasia dashed into Rihanna’s room, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. Rihanna gave her a look, her swollen lips were enough to make her realize what was going on. She glanced at Anastasia’s simple floral lemon yellow sun dress. 

“Ana, why don’t you change into something gorgeous for the party?” She asked her. Anastasia smiled at her and shook her head. She didn’t possess anything gorgeous apart from the dresses Ryder had chosen for her before. But they had gone for dry cleaning and she didn’t have much time to buy something else. 

“It’s okay, Rihanna. Who’ll notice me anyway?” she said with a shrug. Rihanna scoffed at her words and walked over to her closet. She took out an emerald green, smooth, figure hugging, full sleeved, V-necked velvet gown with a slit at the side. Returning with it, she handed it out to Anastasia. 

“I bought this a few years ago when I was as slim as you. I only wore it once and I outgrew it. You can try it on, I’m sure Ryder would be whipped after seeing you, if he isn’t already,” chuckled Rihanna. Anastasia blushed to the roots of her hair but nevertheless took the dress from her hands. 

“Thanks a lot, Rihanna,” she said, rushing towards Rihanna’s washroom to change. The moment she put on the dress and looked into the mirror at her reflection, she was stunned to see herself. She looked so different in this dress. It fitted her perfectly and made her look nothing less than a diva. Would Ryder like her in this? Would he be whipped seeing her just as Rihanna had said he would be? Blushing more, she emerged from the washroom. 

“I knew your look gorgeous in this dress. It matches the color of your eyes,” said Rihanna, looking quite satisfied with herself.  “Brush your hair and fix this emerald stone clutch,” said Rihanna, handing her the accessory. 

“Thank you Rihanna,” said Anastasia shyly. Rihanna handed her a burgundy lipstick. 

“Wow, I love this lipstick. I’m using one for the first time,” gasped Anastasia.

“You can keep that, girl. It’s brand new. Get the killer look and torture someone tonight,” said Rihanna with a laugh. 

“Thanks Rihanna. You’re a dear,” said Anastasia, giving her a hug. She might be Renée’s cousin but somehow Anastasia felt quite close to her. As if she was her own sister! 

Afterward, they walked over to the venue where everyone was busy with the preparations for the party. No one had any time to sit down and chat. The party was to be held at the empty barn at the back of the house where they usually hosted their events. The place had already been cleaned and decorated beautifully with string lights, lanterns and balloons. Adequate seating arrangements had been made around the huge table which could seat around fifty people. The food had been ordered from Hannah's Kitchen, a reliable restaurant in the marketplace of Fordsville which delivered delicious food at a short notice. 

With only an hour to go for the party to start, a worried Anastasia went into Renée's room to check out what was taking her so long. To her surprise, Renée just sat dazed on a stool, lost in her own thoughts. 

"What happened? I saw Sawyer storming out of your room as if a tornado was chasing him," said Anastasia, standing by her. Renée looked up at her, coming out of her trance hearing Sawyer's name.

"Nothing much. He took my lipstick away," she shrugged disappointedly.

"Did he kiss you?" Asked Anastasia suspiciously. Renée blushed and shook her head.

"Almost but then you know how good he is at controlling himself," she said, getting up. 

"Hmm, well, do you need lipstick? I have a burgundy one, matt finish. It'll drive him insane, " winked Anastasia, handing her the lipstick Rihanna gave her. Renée nodded, her eyes twinkling with excitement. Anastasia opened her handbag and handed her a burgundy lipstick. It matched Renée’s dress perfectly and she applied it perfectly and pouted her lips to blow a dramatic kiss. Anastasia giggled. "If I would have been a man, I would have married you tonight. You're looking sinfully gorgeous, girl, " she said.