Chapter Forty-Nine

Ryder nodded as if he already knew. “I know, I don’t expect you to, I can move to LA, if you want me to,” said Ryder. Anastasia gaped at him, touched by his response. She had never expected him to be so down-to-earth and humble. It was a huge sacrifice to completely forget your roots, leave your work and move to a new city just for the woman you love. It was nothing but an example of unconditional love! It touched her heart. 

“You’ll do that for me?” She gasped, with tears in her eyes, as she stared at him with disbelief.

“Why not? It’s the only way for us to be together, right?” asked Ryder. 

“I can’t believe it, Blue. You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I want you to move in with me since we’re engaged to one another,” said Anastasia eagerly. 

“But you live in Vida Slovene’s house, right? What if she objects?” asked Ryder hesitantly.

“She wouldn’t mind at all. She is like an aunt to me,” said Anastasia. 

“I’ll talk to her, announce our engagement to her before moving in with you,” said Ryder. “By the way, why don’t you live in your own apartment?” asked Ryder curiously. He didn’t want to move into Vida Slovene’s house. 

“Aunt Vida isn’t well and she won’t allow me to. You can live with me there, Blue. It’s my home as well,” said Anastasia. Ryder nodded, but somehow the suggestion didn’t suit him well. However, he didn’t want to disappoint Anastasia. 

“Okay, I’ll wrap up my work here and join you later. When do you need to return?” asked Ryder.

“Four days later,” she told him. “So are we returning to Fordsville today?” she asked as she served them lunch. 

“No, I want to spend the day with you.  We can return home tomorrow. What do you say?” asked Ryder. 

“I'd love to. I’m on a vacation after all,” said Anastasia. They sat down to enjoy the delicious food. 

Later on Ryder took her to see the attractions around the place. It was something she had seen before but with Ryder they were a different experience altogether. In the evening when they returned back to the cottage, it felt like home, where they both could freely enjoy with each other. They both made a simple beef stew and rice for dinner. 

It was night already and Ryder just picked her up and carried her towards the cozy master bedroom. “Let me love you, Annie. Let me memorize every detail. I have no idea when we can see one another again,” he said, his eyes looking sad and melancholic.

“Why? You promised to come down to LA and move in with me,” said Anastasia looked puzzled. Did he forget his promise already?

“Of course, I remember what I’ve promised you. I was just doubtful about your aunt,” said Ryder. Anastasia sighed knowing that he was right but that time she was adamant to fight for him. 

“Don’t worry, everything will be fine. We’re not doing anything wrong. We love one another and we’re engaged already. No one can possibly have any objection,” said Anastasia. 

Ryder nodded and lay her down on the bed. “Let’s forget everything and enjoy the moment with one another. I already have your dad and Anson’s support,” said Ryder with a bright smile on his face. 

Anastasia pulled him into her arms. “I’ll fight for you, Blue,” she whispered into his ear. Ryder crushed her to his body, overwhelmed by what she just said. 

“I’m honored,” he said, kissing her neck longingly. A growl sounded a little further away from the cabin and Anastasia trembled with fear. 

“I just hope now wild animals don’t bother us tonight,” said Anastasia, tightening her hold on him.