Chapter Eleven

Ryder's heart skipped a beat or two when her soft arm went around his torso. It seemed as if that was what his heart wanted. He handed her the packet as he started the ignition. "Ready?" He asked her, staring at her through the rear view mirror.

"Yes," said Anastasia shyly, tightening her hold on him. She could feel his hot muscular back pressed against her side. It created a strange sensation in her body, an excitement that she had no control over. Ryder drove off towards Cassie's house.

"You could have accompanied her since you're so eager to go to her house," said Anastasia, the jealousy getting the better of her. It seemed as if he knew the way to her house quite well. Maybe he came here often! The thought made her all the more jealous.

"I'm not eager to go to her house. Are you out of your mind? I'm just helping you with your delivery," said Ryder, taking offense.

"How do you know the way to her house? Like you've been here a million times," grumbled Anastasia. Ryder was silent for a second.

"You have no reason to be jealous of Cassie," said Ryder, making her roll her eyes at his answer. She had been expecting him to decline that he had anything with Cassie but instead he just accused her of being jealous! Indignation rose inside her and she pulled her hand away from his torso, gripping the seat instead.

"Why should I be jealous? Stop immediately. I can walk," she told him. Ryder chuckled and reached behind him, he caught her hand and wrapped it around his torso.

"Stop overreacting, Annie. I don't want you falling off," he said, holding onto her hand tightly.

"I won't fall off, leave me," she said angrily.

"I won't, so stop struggling. We're there anyway," said Ryder. He rode around the bend and stopped right in front of a three-story house. "Why don't you go and deliver it? I'm waiting for you here," said Ryder.

"Okay," said Anastasia, feeling happy that he wasn't accompanying her to Cassie's house. She didn't want to see them together again. She dashed off to the house and delivered the goodies. After a minute, she returned back to see Ryder still waiting for her. She climbed onto the motorcycle, straddling it behind him.

"Let's go, Blue," she said. Ryder smiled and started his motorcycle.

"You can hold onto me. I'm not contagious, you know," he said with a smirk. Anastasia caught his shoulder but Ryder wasn't satisfied. He caught her hand and wound it around his torso. Anastasia rested her tired head against his back as they rode slowly down the road towards her house. She loved the warmth that exuded from his back, she loved the smell of him, she loved the ripple of his muscles through the material of his shirt as he maneuvered the motorcycle along the rugged country roads.

"When will you come tomorrow?" asked Anastasia. There was a strange excitement in the pit of her stomach as he eagerly waited for his answer. She wanted to celebrate her birthday with him. No one apart from her grandparents had made such a big deal out of her birthday celebration. She just couldn't wait for tomorrow to see what Ryder would be doing for her birthday. The motorcycle suddenly stopped and she raised her head to take a look. They had come to a small creek, a little off the meandering main road.

"Why are we here, Blue?" asked Anastasia with confusion. He helped her down the motorcycle, climbing off and opening his helmet.

"Are you in a hurry?" he asked in return. Anastasia shook her head. She wasn't in any hurry. Her work was done for the day and all she needed was dinner and sleep.

"I thought so. We can sit here for a while before going home," he said with a nervous grin. He wanted her to agree and agree to sit with him for a while.