Chapter Nineteen

The next whole day Anastasia was restless to meet Ryder. Finally it was evening and she was ready in a fuchsia colored top, a matching warm jacket and a figure-hugging pair of jeans. She fixed her hair into a bun and applied a matching lip gloss. Her granny peered into her room.

“Ryder’s here, dear,” she said with a smile. Then giving her an approving look, she smiled. “Remember what I told you last night?” She asked. Anastasia smiled and nodded at her granny. 

 “Don’t break the heart of a person who loves you. No one knows what the future holds for us, dear. Be true to your own feelings. If you like someone, don’t hold yourself back,” said granny. Anastasia nodded again.

“Yes, granny. I can understand what you’re trying to tell me but wouldn’t it be unfair to give Ryder hope when I know that I can’t fulfill his wishes?” asked Anastasia.

“Don’t give him hope but don’t hide your feelings from him. Tell him the truth. Leave the rest to him, Ana. He can decide whether he wants to give you up or fight for you,” said granny. Anastasia smiled.

“We haven’t reached there, granny. He just likes me a little,” said Anastasia, smiling ruefully as they walked out of her room. 

“I’m sure his feelings run deeper than just like. I’ve seen the way he looks at you, Ana and it speaks volumes. Promise me that you won’t push him away,” said granny, with so much solemnity that Anastasia couldn’t decline her.

“I won’t, granny but at the moment I won’t encourage him either. It wouldn’t be fair to him when I would leave after a few days,” said Anastasia. Granny sighed knowing that she was right. They walked up to the reception room where Ryder was sitting with grandpa and discussing football! He looked up the moment she walked inside, his hot gaze taking her in from head to foot. The way his eyes glittered with excitement made Anastasia’s heart skip a beat or two. Maybe he approved of her look. Anastasia loved the leather jacket that he wore above a light blue sweater and figure-hugging jeans that clung to his b*tt. He looked too hot with the typical bad boy vibe that always emanated from him. It made him se*y and she couldn’t look away.  

“Enjoy but bring her back on time,” said grandpa. Ryder grinned. 

“Sure, grandpa,” promised Ryder. Granny smiled at them and Ryder ushered her outside, eager to leave. Once outside, he led her to his Chevy Silverado, opening the passenger door for her. She could feel Ryder’s gaze upon her every now and then but he didn’t say a word to her yet. It was strange and Anastasia was curious as to what was going on in his mind. 

“This color looks good on you,” he said all of a sudden once she was settled into the seat. Anastasia blushed and smiled at him.

“Thanks,” she whispered shyly. Ryder grinned seeing her reaction. His heart was beating rapidly in his chest and he wanted to tell her so much. He had planned the whole day but now seeing her looking so beautiful and innocent, he felt tongue-tied. He could feel her wide eyes glance at him every now and then but he didn’t know how to tell her that he had fallen for her. He didn’t know how to confess his feelings to her. What if she didn’t feel the same way for him? What if he scared her with the intensity of his feelings for her? Yet he wanted to tell her that he loved her. He wanted to see how she would react! 

He sat in the driver’s seat and started the ignition, his eyes twinkling more, his breath already erratic and his lips had a faint smile on them. “Where are we going, Blue?” asked Anastasia. 

“To a quiet place where there would be only the two of us,” said Ryder. Anastasia’s eyes widened with surprise. So they weren’t going to a restaurant for dinner. Where could this quiet place be? She racked her brains yet couldn’t come up with any ideas.