Chapter Fifty-Two

Anastasia gasped as tears fell from her eyes. “Why are you crying, Annie? Aren’t you happy to belong to me?” He asked eagerly. She caught his hand in her own tightly as if not wanting to let go.

“These are happy tears, Blue. Of course, I’m happy, not for just myself but for our little baby, growing inside me,” she whispered. Ryder was stunned and he just sat dumbfounded, gazing at her. Did he hear her correctly? Did it mean that she was pregnant with his baby?

“Our baby? Are you pregnant?” He asked at last, gazing at her expectantly. Anastasia nodded, wiping her tears away. 

“Yes, I’m four weeks pregnant,” she told him. Ryder’s eyes filled with tears of happiness.

“Why didn’t you tell me before? I’m hurt, Annie. You know this means the world to me,” he cried, as a teardrop fell, trickling down his cheek. Anastasia felt guilty and leaned across and hugged him close. 

“I was staying at the hospital with aunt Vida. When she was released, I returned home and was about to call you when granny Daisy gave me the news of your wedding to Hailey,” said Anastasia. 

“Then you should have fought for me. You should have returned to Fordsville for a day and claimed me already. After all, if not for us, already for our baby. Why didn’t you, Annie?” demanded Ryder agitatedly. He wiped his eyes and gazed at her, waiting for her answer. 

“I didn’t want to burden you with a responsibility without knowing whether you wanted it or not. I didn’t want to come in the way of your happiness,” said Anastasia in a small voice. 

“After all the years I’ve stuck to you, don’t you know me at all? I’m a simple guy with no demands. I might have been a player in my younger days but u left everything, the day I met you. No one knows that better than you. I’ve pursued you for the last five years, going out of my way. I’m hurt that you don’t trust my feelings for you,” sighed Ryder. 

“I’m sorry, Blue. I admit that I should have fought for you,” said Anastasia, touching his cheek and forcing him to look at her. 

“Good, that’s like my girl. I’ll drop you off at the heliport now. After Ryan’s wedding, I’ll join you in LA. Let’s see how we can plan our wedding,” he told her. Anastasia’s face brightened up with a happy smile and she pulled him into her arms but he seemed to have other plans. He released her and looked into her eyes. 

“You’re forgetting something, Annie,” he reminded her.

“What? I’ve packed everything,” she said, looking clueless.

“What about my kiss?” he asked, already dipping his head to grab one. Anastasia sighed with pleasure when his lips claimed her in a passionate kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck to pull him closer. The kiss held so much longing and hunger that both lost track of time. Anastasia kissed him back with equal hunger, their hands trying to pull each other closer. 
“I missed you, Annie,” he gasped when he finally released her mouth. 

“I missed you too,” said Anastasia, recapturing his lips again. Her phone buzzed with an incoming call from the pilot. Ryder released her and she checked her phone. “Oh my God! I must have missed the flight,” she said.

She accepted the call and spoke to the pilot. Then disconnecting the call she turned to Ryder looking stressed. “He wants me to reach in ten minutes or else it will be tomorrow morning,” said Anastasia. Ryder started the car and steered it back onto the road. 

“Don’t worry. I’ll reach you in ten minutes,” he promised. So in seven minutes, he dropped her off at the heliport, unloaded her luggage for her. After ensuring that she was fine on-board, he left to return back to Ryan’s house. He just couldn’t wait for the wedding to be over. He would have to talk to his parents about his plans for Anastasia and moving away to LA. He would also have to inform them about Anastasia’s pregnancy. However, by the time he returned, a late night party was being held. He had no interest in taking part in the singing and dancing and sat down to share a drink or two with his brothers.