Chapter Thirty-Two

Anastasia lay on her bed and closed her eyes with an excited smile on her face. She was eager to spend the whole day with Ryder tomorrow. Wondering what they would be up to, she finally dozed off to sleep. 

It was already 6 o’clock when Anastasia woke up the next morning. With only two hours left at hand to get ready before Ryder arrived to fetch her, Anastasia quickly took a shower and rushed downstairs to make breakfast.

“Someone’s super busy today. I took pity on you, baby sis. See, I’ve made breakfast already. Say, ‘thank you, Anson. You’re the best’,” said a grinning Anson. Anastasia’s eyes popped out as it was the first time that Anson had prepared something at home. It was always she or her dad who cooked at home. It was the same always even when her mom was at home as she never had the time to cook. In her dad’s absence her mom summoned help to handle the cooking. Anastasia was touched by Anson’s gesture.

“Thanks, bro. You’re the best,” said Anastasia, grinning back. They carried the bacon, eggs and toast to the table and sat down to eat. Anastasia prepared coffee for all of them. 

“I can’t believe this. You should make breakfast more often,” said her dad. 

Anastasia quickly finished her food and rushed to her room to get ready. Her phone buzzed with an incoming message from Ryder. She quickly checked it.

Pack a set of spare clothes, swimming costumes and water sports outfit and bare essentials for the day – Ryder. 

Wow! I wonder where we’re going – Annie

Waterside! Where else? – Ryder

Very informative! – Annie

With an excited smile on her face, Anastasia quickly packed a backpack for herself. Quickly changing into a pair of jeans and a turquoise blue top and sneakers, she was ready. Ryder arrived five minutes later looking very dashing in a pair of figure-hugging jeans and a white chambray shirt, rolled at the sleeves. His blue eyes sparkled seeing her, taking in her appearance. Anastasia’s heart skipped a beat seeing him. The prospect of spending a full day with him made her excited. Ryder whisked her away with him, promising her dad to get her back on time. 

“You’re looking great as always. Did you pack what I asked you to?” asked Ryder, his blue eyes sparkling with excitement. 

“Yes, are we going to a beach?” she asked him with wide eyes. Ryder glanced at her eager face and shrugged with a small smile on his face. 

“Maybe,” he said, making Anastasia roll her eyes at him. 

“Relax, I’m not eloping with you yet,” he told her. Anastasia blushed and looked away. What did he mean by that? Would he really elope with her one day? Suddenly her heart wanted to soar with happiness and new found hope. All wasn’t lost after all. Ryder wouldn’t let her down. He would elope with her if everything else failed. She was sure of it. She wanted to let go of all her inhibitions and enjoy with you Ryder. 

They might not meet again for a while so she might as well take advantage of the time she had with him. As he drove towards Boulder City, Anastasia grinned at him. She could guess where they were off to.

“Lake Mohave?” she asked with an excited smile on her lips. Ryder smiled and nodded. 

“Yeah, I’ve booked us a lakefront room at Cottonwood,” informed Ryder. “We could freshen up, leave out stuff and go for fun activities,” he suggested. 

“Wow! I’ve never stayed over at the Lake Mead National Recreation Area before. When we were young dad had brought us on a very short trip,” informed Anastasia. “Have you been here before?” she asked him.