Chapter Thirty-Three

Anastasia clung to him, surrendering into the kiss. She opened her mouth eagerly, allowing him to dominate the kiss. Ryder wasted no time and plunged his tongue into her mouth, wildly tasting her. 

“Kiss me, Annie, “ he said in a voice hoarse with desire as his mouth left hers for a second. Anastasia obliged, kissing him as if it was the last kiss she would have with her Ryder in years. Ryder was lost, his arms crushing her to his body. His body reacted as a tremor ran down him, making him want more of her. The kiss tuned more hungry and he devoured her with an intense passion. A warm flush spread all over her and she moaned with pleasure. The sound of a knock on the door made them come to their senses. Ryder released her mouth and took a deep breath to calm his erratic breathing. 

“If should be the food I had ordered,” he said breathlessly, walking over to the door. He opened it and took the tray of food that the staff member had brought over to them. Ryder thanked him and closed the door, placing the food at the small sit-out near the bay window. Anastasia came over and they sat down to eat. 

“Mmm, these shrimp topped chicken burritos are delicious,” said Anastasia. Ryder agreed and served her the fish tacos as well. 

“Try these with this dip,” he offered. “We’ll go on a cruise afterwards or are you tired already?” asked Ryder eagerly. Anastasia’s eyes lit up. Of course she loved the idea of a cruise with him. She was eager to get as much out of him as possible before he went away for a year. 

“No, I want to go out on a cruise with you,” she told him. Ryder smiled looking satisfied as he called the reception and booked them seats for the next cruise departing from the marina. 

“There, all fixed. We have an hour to relax and then we can just walk over to our cruiser. So, are you enjoying?” he asked eagerly. Anastasia nodded vehemently.

“Yes, I’m loving it,” said Anastasia excitedly clasping her hands with a grin. Ryder grinned back. He was glad that he brought her here. 

“Me too more than the last time I was here,” he told her making her grin.

“Really?” she said with disbelief. “Oh that reminds me. Did you find Sawyer? Ren doesn’t take my calls these days. I think she needs a little space so I left her alone,” said Anastasia. Ryder shook his head.

“No, he has disappeared completely and we have no idea why he left home. Renée is living somehow. She doesn’t talk to anyone. Everyone is displeased with Saw. If he loved Ren, he could have asked for her hand. Mom and dad would have agreed. Why did he have to leave home?” asked Ryder, shaking his head at Sawyer’s immaturity. He didn’t tell her about the man who used to follow Sawyer. His granddad felt that Sawyer was in some kind of danger and might have been kidnapped. They were conducting a secret investigation although there had been no success so far. 

“It’s really depressing. I had promised to visit Fordsville for her wedding,” said Anastasia with a sigh. Ryder looked at her with surprise. 

“I didn’t know that. I’ll wait for you too in that case. I’m sure that Sawyer will return soon and marry Ren “ he said with a hopeful smile on his face. 

“Won’t you come over before that?” Asked Anastasia eagerly. Ryder stared at her longingly. 

“Do you want me to?” he asked eagerly, his eyes staring into her soul. Anastasia nodded, looking away shyly. 

“In that case, I might visit you anytime. I’ll surprise you just like I did this time. Think about my offer in the meantime,” said Ryder. 

“What offer?” asked Anastasia, looking lost.