Chapter Twelve

Anastasia shook her head slowly, her face coloring profusely. She would never kiss him. Why should she? He wasn’t anything to her? He was just Renée’s brother who was the biggest flirt in Fordsville! 

“Ana! Where were you? I was so worried about you,” said her granny, opening the door of the house. Anastasia glanced at a disappointed Ryder who sat staring at her!

“Granny, I had a delivery at the Barnes’ house. So Ryder helped me with it,” said Anastasia. 

“It’s good that Ryder helped you but next time don’t go on home deliveries without informing us. It’s dangerous, especially during the night,” said her granny, walking towards them. 

“Yes, granny,” said Anastasia. 

“Thank you, Ryder. Why don’t you come inside for a while?” Asked her granny.

“It’s no problem. How are you, granny?” asked Ryder. 

“”I’m better. Come on inside,” said granny. 

“I’ll come down tomorrow afternoon, granny. It’s Annie’s birthday and I want you to arrange for a get together in the evening. I’ll get all the food and drinks by afternoon,” said Ryder. 

Granny’s eyes widened with disbelief. “You would? That’ll be a great help. I’m unable to stand for long in the kitchen. Every year I bake a cake for her but this year, she has to bake her own cake,” said granny, looking unhappy. 

“I’ll get the cake, granny. She doesn’t need to bake her own birthday cake,” said Ryder. Then he turned towards Anastasia.

“I’ll get you a dress from aunt Charlotte’s boutique. Will that do?” he asked her. Granny chuckled and walked away.

“I’ll give you some money. Don’t go,” she said.

“No, granny. Let me pay for it. I’ll take the money afterwards,” he said. 

“Thank you, son,” she said, disappearing into the house. Ryder turned to look at Anastasia’s face eagerly. 

“Why are you doing so much for me?” asked Anastasia curiously. 

“Isn’t it obvious by now?” he asked, his eyes glittering with underlying feelings of desire, attraction and much more. 

“Not to me,” said Anastasia. She yet had no clue why he was doing so much for her. 

“I want a kiss, I told you,” said Ryder impatiently. Anastasia’s eyes widened and her mouth hung open at his words. 
“Why me? There are so many girls who would willingly kiss you without even asking for it,” she asked looking confused. 

“I want only from you,” he said stubbornly. Anastasia was more confused. She had heard how a single kiss often led to s*x and she was worried out of her wit's end. What exactly did he want? He couldn’t want just a kiss from her! For a playboy, a kiss doesn’t hold much importance unless he was aiming at the other things that followed it. 

“Do you want just a kiss from me?” she asked suspiciously, narrowing her eyes at him. Ryder looked stunned by her question and then he laughed out loudly.

“Yes, just a kiss from you unless of course, you want to offer me more,” he said, chuckling. Anastasia blushed to the roots of her hair. She could never imagine herself discussing a kiss with the hottest player in town! 

“Okay, then. Close your eyes and come forward,” she said shyly. Ryder gazed at her for a split second as if stunned and then when realization drew upon him, he grinned and leaned down to her level, staring into her eyes. Anastasia’s heart started beating faster than ever, making her feel like it would jump out of her chest. Her eyes connected to his and she blushed all the more imagining what she was about to do. ‘Kiss him and run,’ said the inner voice in her head. But how could she kiss him if he stared at her that way?