Chapter 46

I am really impressed that people are still reading up until this point...

And I am sorry for not updating for two weeks. I knew that I will be busy but I didn't know that I will be that busy.

 I knew that I will be busy but I didn't know that I will be that busy

Thoma stops playing with the coin in his hands "Ahoy there. Captain Beidou, happy to see you. You came here with quite a delay... and with such honored guests too." He looks at Aether and Paimon while he says the last part.

Slightly panicked, Paimon shakes her head. "Shhh! How do you even know that?"

"Your reputation and the stories that are told about you are apparently so famous that not even the great sea is able to stop them."

"Aether, (Y/N), Paimon, this is Thoma. He is resided here in Ritou for some time now and is known as the fixer around here.", Beidou explains.

"...The fixer?"

"A person who is often asked for help due to their vast knowledge or their connections. Thoma is a trusted man around here and he serves the important Kamisato Clan."

Beidou chuckles. "You are well informed, not gonna lie. I wonder if that's what Kazuha meant earlier. So Thoma, (Y/N) over there is easy to take care of and a friend of Aether. I probably should get going. Having a refugee on board won't be favorable in case of an inspection. Take good care of this group for me, alright?"

Thoma nods. "Understood captain!"

The brunette with the eyepatch returns to her ship.

"Now then, first things first, we need you to get registered at the border checkpoint."

"Couldn't we maybe, you know, keep a low profile?", Paimon pouts.

"No, that is not impossible. It is so hard to avoid the Sakoku Decree that it is wiser to play by the rules. Even if we bend them by a little."

"Fine then..."

Having passed the border checkpoint with Thoma's help, you walk further into Ritou to the Outlander Affairs Agency. The island itself is lively and beautiful but the way the people look at you and Aether does bother you. Hospitality isn't something Inazuma is known for after all.

At the Outlander Affairs Agency you are greeted by the Inspector Yurika. "I see that you are new here. Welcome. You completed the entry procedure, yes? And now you want residency? The processing fee for that would be... 3 million Mora."

Aether almost chokes on his salvia. "Excuse me..? Are you sure that it is that high?"

"Yes. One million per person and not counting that Seelie, you are three - hence the 3 million."

Paimon's expression is equally worried as Aether's. "We aren't doubting your math. It's just..."

"Excuse me miss, those three are with me. Would a discount be possible?", Thoma steps in.

"Oh, Mr. Thoma, I didn't see you. In that case... 600 000 Mora."

Aether still doesn't seem pleased. "That's a high discount but..."

"They are good friends of mine so I think 900 Mora would be appropriate if I pay on their behalf. I will treat you dinner in addition too."

"Alright. I will make a record."

"Thank you very much Miss Yurika."

Aether and Paimon stare in pure disbelieve.

The rest of formalities for the residency application goes down smoothly and your group is able to leave the agency building again.

"How in the world did you manage to knock down the price from 3 million to only 900 Mora?! Do people here in Inazuma even have a sense for money?", Paimon asks.

"I think the 3 million weren't a realistic price to begin with. They were just trying to milk us 'helpless' people."

Thoma nods. "Exactly. Hmm... I really get the impression that you were here at least once, (Y/N)."

"Nope. Isn't it everywhere the case that as long as there are people in serious need that there will be people who will use those circumstances to their own benefit too?"

"Sadly, you're right... Anyways, what are you planning to do next? You have to have a proper reason to come to this isolated nation, right?"

"We want to meet the Electro Archon.", Aether answers.

"I see... Our deity isn't particularly the... easiest one to meet. But I could introduce you to somebody who is able to make a meeting with the Shogun possible. Such a connection comes with a price though."

Paimon rolls her eyes. "Not you too!"

Thoma laughs. "No no, in this instance I am not talking about Mora. In fact, there is no cost at all. It is just that you agree to help others before getting what you sincerely desire. You trade favors."

"That sound reasonable. Being the man in the middle, you want to keep everyone indebted to you."

"You make it sound like I am some sort of crook. Uhh... never mind. Here on Ritou is the International Trading Association resided. They are always struggling to survive but currently it appears to be especially hard for them. I want you to investigate this and ask if there is a way to help them."

"Gotcha. Where is that association?"

"Follow me."

While Paimon and Rosa float close to Thoma, you and Aether follow with some distance.

"Aether, can I be frank with you? I am not all too excited to do all those favor we will have to do in the near future. Since you are capable of solving this problem by yourself, could I just explore this island by myself in the meantime?", you whisper.

"I don't think leaving you by yourself is a good idea."

"This is Ritou. There is hardly anything that can happen on here. Believe me. If it helps, I will stay around the center and not leave the security of the masses. Pleeeaaase."

Your puppy eyes are able to convince your friend. "If something happens, I will personally chain you to myself once I find you again. And that is a promise."

"Thank you! By the way, the key problem is that some people are trying to scam this association by buying the whole stock of a certain item and then selling it to a ridiculus price. Find proove for that and the problem will be solved." Alone, you sneak away and happily walk towards the center where all the shops are.

" Alone, you sneak away and happily walk towards the center where all the shops are

Man, I have to say that Kokomi is a perfect comfort character just like Zhongli. That girl's heals are just chef kiss. My second account that I decided to revive switched to easy mode thanks to her.

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!