Chapter 68

I gave in to my urge to pull for  Wanderer cons. I wonder how long it will take me to regret spending my freemogems. He is my favorite child but still...

It isn’t as if you sincerely want to go on a date with Kaeya, but it is a good chance to see Mondstadt again

It isn’t as if you sincerely want to go on a date with Kaeya, but it is a good chance to see Mondstadt again. Generally speaking, you don’t have anything against spending time with Kaeya. The problem is just that a) you left a sleeping friend in the middle of a city without telling him (and together with him your pet Seelie that preferred to stay there) and b) you don’t like this whole date having a kinda romantic undertone. You know that this pirate-looking man has a flirtatious personality, but some tiny voice inside of you yells at you with its squeaky voice that he is serious about this. Meanwhile, a different part reasons that Kaeya would never be interested in someone like you. On the other hand, you also said that about some other people…

Overthinking and doubts aside, you are still playing along. You two went to different types of shops, ranging from patisserie to tailor’s shop. Not wanting Kaeya to buy anything bigger and more expensive than a pastry, you tried to avoid showing too much interest in some items. This didn’t stop the Captain from ‘encouraging’ you to try on a few things though. Some suggestions were reasonable and partially fit you really well, while some others were - let’s put it that way – meant to tease you, either because they were silly or revealing. At least you both had a good laugh.

After a few hours of that you two went for a walk outside of the city. It was pretty relaxing and somehow made you feel at peace with everything again. Liyue and Inazuma were some rollercoaster rides, but in the end, they don’t say ‘What doesn’t kill you, only makes you stronger’ for no reason, right? Some of the memories from Inazuma are too blurry for you to recall, nevertheless, you are alive and not locked up in someone’s basement, so it shouldn’t be much of a problem. Aether, hopefully, will do what’s ethically correct and travel to Sumeru to fix whatever is going wrong over there. He doesn’t need your guidance. Yeah…

Anyways, since it was getting dark at some point, you two decided to head back. And what better way is there – according to Kaeya – to let the day come to an end than with a drink. Therefore, the last stop of your little date ends up being the Angel’s Share. Rather fitting for the City of Mondstadt. When you passed the Good Hunter, Dain was nowhere to be seen. He must have woken up and left since you weren’t there anymore. You hope he didn’t take it personally.

The atmosphere inside the tavern is good and everyone appears to enjoy their stay. Going ahead, you save a nice table for you and your friend and wait for him to come back with the drinks. Wait, did you even tell Kaeya what to order for you?

Too late, as he already started to speak with the bartender. “Charles, one bottle of Death After Noon please. Ah, and make it two glasses so that the bottle can be shared.”

With a silent nod Charles hands Kaeya his order with which he walks to your table.

Critically you look at the bottle. You didn’t really plan to drink something alcoholic. “Death After Noon…?”