Chapter 71

It has been a long way, but this book reached 1M reads~ Thank you all so much!

One day there will be a celebrational chapter for this, but that will probably take some time.

Another thing - Fontaine released! I am, personally, very happy with it~

“…Dain, where exactly are we going…?” It has been a while now and you are still wandering on some off-road path

“…Dain, where exactly are we going…?” It has been a while now and you are still wandering on some off-road path. You don’t know if the constant change between trees and stones is simply too unremarkable or if you actually never been in this area before, but you can’t tell where exactly you are at this point. The only thing you can tell based on the flora is that this is still Mondstadt.

“Somewhere that isn’t Mondstadt.” It takes the blonde a few seconds to come to an halt. “Are you tired?”

“Kinda…”

His face, which is almost as tense as back then when you had the encounter with the bard, becomes softer in an instant. “I’m sorry. Here, let me help you.” Wanting to help you to get on his shoulders, he bows down.

You on the other hand only shake your head. “Can’t we just – you know – take a normal break? Constantly running around isn’t good for you either.”

“No. We can take a break once we are away from here.”

“Why are you so insistent on leaving this nation as fast as possible? I mean sure, you have a heavy dislike for gods and Venti was kind of creepy back there, but he doesn’t seem like the type of person the relentlessly hunt somebody down, especially if he doesn’t have a ptoper reason, like in our case…”

A deep sigh escapes Dainsleif’s lips. “(Y/N), for your own sake, can’t you just accept a no without asking any further questions?”

“How can you expect me to take things as they are told? I know that you don’t mean any harm, but I can’t accept something if I don’t understand it. And I can’t understand something if nobody explains it to me. Dain, I’m begging you. I am already more compliant with people’s bullshít than I should be and I want to change that eventually, so please.” You look at him with pleading eyes.

After a moment of silence, he answers. “The Anemo Archon is a selfish and bratty leach without a shred of care for the feelings of those around him. All Archons have this overbearing selfishness in them, but he is one of the worst. So do yourself a favor and keep your distance from him.” Dain’s star-shaped pupils stare right into yours.

“Don’t you think that’s a bit… well… biased?”

“No, I believe this is mere common sense coming from years of experience.“

You sigh, again. “So to say it simple – to you Archons are pure ássholes to who one is best advised to keep an entire nation of distance to them… and you justify it through traumatic experience.”