Chapter 48

One

One... adventurous walk later you finally arrive at the Kamisato Estate. Besides the fact that your shoes are completely soaked due to the creeks you had to pass, you also had plenty of fights. Nothing serious but a good chance to prove that you are indeed capable to fight.

Walking into the estate you notice plenty of confused people, probably because of your group's presence.

"Miss Ayaka, I brought you guests. Maybe they will be able to help."

"Thank you Thoma.", a young female voice behind a room divider speaks. "So, you have come here to help us stop the Vision Hunt Decree?"

Aether tilts his head slightly. "...No? We hoped that you would be able to introduce us to the Raiden Shogun."

Based on the nervous apologetic smile on Thoma's face you can guess that the communication beforehand wasn't the best one.

"Oh... I see... I apologize for the misunderstanding. Hm... Would you help me with a little thing first then?"

Both Paimon's and Aether's face scream 'Not again!' but they don't speak that thought out loud. Instead, Aether answers with a composed voice. "What is it that you wish us to do?"

"Visit three people here on Narukami Island and find out if you can help them. All three of them lost their Vision through the Vision Hunt Decree and their state... well, you will find that out soon." Ayaka then gives you more concrete details about the people you have to help and explains where to find them too.

"See you! We will wait for you here in the meantime.", Thoma bids you goodbye with a bright smile.

Far enough from any curious ears, Aether sighs slightly annoyed. "(Y/N), please tell me that this won't go on like this."

"Not exactly like this but yes, our way through Inazuma is curvy. This is what I meant back in Ritou."

"Great..."

"Don't make such a long face! See it from the bright side! You have me, Paimon and Rosa to keep you company. ...Okay Rosa is asleep in my pouch right now... which it does strangely often nowadays if I think about it... But anyways, you get what I mean, right?", you link arms with your friend and smile reassuringly to cheer him up.

He blushes slightly but doesn't answer.

Having 'helped' all three of the former Vision users, your group decides to take a break at the Grand Narukami Shrine since you were there anyway. Together you sit down under a sakura tree.

Paimon floats up and sits down on a branch to get a better view. Rosa, who woke up not all too long ago, sits down next to her. "Woah, you can almost see the entire nation of Inazuma from up here... Paimon wants to visit all of those islands!"

"Paimon, I don't want to break the news to you but almost every island here in Inazuma is fúcking hostile, cursed or I don't know what."

Aether looks at you. "Do I have to worry about that?"

"Nah. For the things we will probably have to do you won't have to worry about it all too much. One island has a higher chance for people to be struck by lightning but I would still rate it with okay-ish safe. If you want to fix the problems or simply explore everything though - have fun with that."

"But if you try hard enough every island can become deadly. The only thing you have to do is angering the authorities there. If you desire so, I can give you some tips how to do that.", a teasing voice from behind says.

You get startled so hard that you almost fall over the edge of the mountain but Aether holds you tight enough to prevent that. "For god's fúcking sake, can people please not approach me from behind for once?!"

Yae Miko chuckles. "Relax. Some individuals might find enjoyment from reactions like those."

"...Is there anything you want from us?" You stand up and move away from the edge. Aether does so too.

"Oh no, not at all. I was simply curious. I noticed that everyone during the ceremony showed some sort of reaction - be it worry, anger or confusion. Everyone except you, jumpy cat. At first, I thought you might have a good poker face or even a heart of stone. But this little meeting has refuted my theory. So, tell me, why so cold and unimpressed?"

"I somewhat expected that outcome... Loosing ones Vision always has some sort of negative effect on the mental state of that person. So why shouldn't that be the case here too?", you explain.

"Hmm... Why do I feel like you're not telling me the whole truth?"

"(Y/N), we're going. Better to go before it gets dark.", without waiting for anyone's response Aether drags you with him down the mountain.

Paimon takes Rose in her arms and follows you.

"Aether?"

"Something I have learnt in Liyue is that once people genuinely get curious about you and especially your ability, things go south really quick. And she doesn't seem to be the type of person you can lie too easily."

"You've become an overprotective bean; did you know that?"

"Mr. Zhongli and the Harbingers soured my mood a bit too much. And I have the feeling that they aren't even the worst out there."

You merely sigh.

Back at the Kamisato Estate you are lead inside by Thoma who was trimming some bushes before your arrival.

"Miss Ayaka, our guests have returned."

This time the Shirasagi Himegimi doesn't remain hidden but greets you in person. Her presence is beautiful without a lack of grace. "I am happy you came back. What where the impressions you gathered today?"

"Those who got their Vision taken away have certainly... changed for the worse. ...But if you want to ask if we changed our minds, I have to disap-"

"We will help you with the Vision Hunt Decree! It would be inhumane if we wouldn't, right Aether?", you interrupt the Traveler.

"Y-yes."

"That is... great! I did not think we would actually come to an agreement that fast. Hm... But we shouldn't discuss our next steps here. We will go to another place and discuss everything else there."

"We are processing slowly but steadily!"

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!