Chapter 8

I am back from my camping trip!

'Who is that?', Paimon asks.

You hear Kaeya approach and look pleadingly at both of them.

Despite not knowing what the context of the situation is, Aether decides to play along with your charade. 'O-of course, no need to thank us. If someone is in need of help we are more than willing to help. And it looks like you also got help from another knight?'

'That's right. This poor beauty over here was wandering through Mondstadt so I decided to help.', the one-eyed male confirms as he leans on your shoulder.

Rosa joins him on your other shoulder. The whole group stays silent and you can feel the tension in the air.

'Why does everything have to be so awkward?'

Paimon is still confused what this is supposed to be in the first place, but prefers not to say anything. The traveler feels the same way. 'Anyway, we need to go now - We accepted to deliver food and if we stay here for too long it will run cold, so goodbye.'

'This could be my last chance to join the protagonist. Without him my chances to participate in the story are as low as perfectly cut grass...'

Before the duo can escape the uncomfortable situation you stop them in their tracks. 'Wait! Since you don't have the time now, maybe we can meet at the huge tree in Windrise this evening! It's about your sister.'

Aether turns around with a shocked expression. 'You know something about Lumine?! The delivery isn't that important, please tell me now!'

'That worked better than expected.'

'I think that it would be better if we discuss this at a more quiet place. There is no difference if I tell you now or later. Go and do your thing - I will wait for you in Windrise.', you reassure him.

Because Aether seems hesitant his floating companion says something now to. 'Come on, one thing after another. We will just be punctual later on and get the information about your sister.'

'...Alright, but don't forget to go to the meeting point.'

You nod and wave him goodbye. 'Now I have more time to think about which pieces of information are necessary and which could possibly destroy the story...'

The pressure which was on your shoulder until now disappears and Kaeya steps in front of you. 'Meeting a person you have just met at a lonely place? Sounds risky.'

'He is the honorary knight who saved Mondstadt.'

'Some people are two faced.'

'Are you saying that I shouldn't trust you to then?'

'We are talking about him and not me. I would never hurt my beauty.', he says with a serious expression.

You try leaving him. 'You're annoying again.'

But the male grabs your left hand. 'I think you forgot that I am supposed to help you find the culprits. Please don't look so sour, I was just worried about you.'

'Fiiine. If we don't find the culprits until this evening, just let them be. I am not going to run after people who could be somewhere completely different than I am. Also, I don't want to bother the Knights of Favonius forever.', you look at him with the most annoyed look you have.

'Then we have to hurry.', he says as he drags you with him.

After a long search even the knight comes to the conclusion that finding the bandits isn't easy. The reason for that isn't that you fell victim to professionals, like he believes, but that the bandits are non-existing.

'It's like these criminals vanished in the air... I guess that I have to accompany you to Windrise now...' For some reason the male seems more irritated about the later part than about the first.

'You don't have to accompany me there. I know roughly how to get there. and I will avoid any danger, so you don't have to worry about my well-being.'

Kaeya want to reply, only to be interrupted by a certain brunette girl. 'Kaeya, I have been searching for you everywhere! I know that Jean ordered you to help (Y/N), but we have an emergency at Dwalin's Ruins. We need your help!'

Despite the píssed expression on his face, the blue-haired male gives in and runs after Amber, glancing one last time at you.

'Thank you Amber...'

'Alright Rosa, lets go to Windrise and convince Aether to let us accompany him on his journey!'

'
'Alright Rosa, lets go to Windrise and convince Aether to let us accompany him on his journey!'

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!