A Keeper

Gally held my hand all the way home. When we got inside the elevator, I asked him.

"What made you change your mind?"

"About what?"

"About kissing me, if something was stopping you, what made you overcome it?"

"When you were talking about teenagers being misunderstood, I couldn't help myself. The way you talk and the way you think, I just wanted to kiss you so bad. I just thought 'Shuck it I'm gonna kiss her' so I did." He smiled.

"Would you do it again?"

"Do what?"

"Would you kiss me again." He let go of my hand and held my chin. He softly kissed my mouth. It was a little bit more gentle than our first kiss. He stood there for a while our lips together. I didn't even hear the ding in the elevator.

"Gracie?" An old women's voice called. Gally and I quickly separated.

"Mrs. Wright." I said awkwardly. "Um, hi." The 75 year old women studied us through her thick lens glasses.

"Gracie, who is your friend?"

"Um Mrs. Wright, this is Gally. Gally this is my neighbor Mrs. Wright."

"Hello, ma'am." He awkwardly waved.

"Come here, boy, and let me get a good look at you." We left the elevator before the doors closed. Since Mrs. Write was a short women she had looked up at him. "Would you kneel down for me, you're too tall." He kneeled down in front of her as she examined his face. "Ohhh he's a keeper." she smiled and walked into the elevator. We both chuckled as soon as the doors closed. I took his hand.

"Even my seventy five year old neighbor likes you." I said.

"Yeah but I prefer you." He replied. I swear he was blushing. It was just so adorable I had to kiss his cheek. Meh smiled again, not those half smiles but his large all-teeth-showing smile.
We walked together until we got to my door.

"This is the stop." I said still holding his hand, our arms swinging side to side.

"Will I see you again?" He asked.

"Yeah, anytime." I wrap my arms around his neck, and kissed him. He kissed me back and hugs my waist really tight. I am protected from the outside world, into the warm safety of his arms. I let go of his lips and hug him one last time. We finally parted, and I opened the door, before I went inside I gave him one last glance. The caring in his eyes melts my heart. I closed the door. I leaned my back against the closed door that separated us. Again I couldn't stop smiling.

"So how was your hang out?" My mother said.

"Yeah." I replied not even listening to her. I must've been sick with love.