Falling Apart

"Ow." Gally complained as I cleaned the small cut on his cheek. He leaned back on the kitchen counter next to the sink.

"I know it stings but you should be use to it by now." I said getting annoyed. But really I was trying not to cry. His cheek was swollen and had lots of bruises on his body. Including the shoe print bruise on his chest and I blame myself for all of it.

"Why didn't you run when I told you?" He demanded.

"I couldn't leave you."

"You could've been killed by them." He sounded angry. Which started to get me angry.

"So could have you. If I died saving you so be it."

"Don't say that! Don't ever say that!?"

"What?"

"That if you died saving me so be it. Grace I can't have that!"

"I can't have you dying either, Gally!"

"You just don't get it, do you?"

"I do get it, neither one of us wants each other to die. You're the only one I have left in this world and I know you think the same. "

"You're right but it's not just that, Grace." His face was red and there were tears in his eyes. "That's exactly what Chuck did. He died for Thomas because of me. I killed him and if you died for me it just wouldn't be fair for your brother. I can't have that Grace, I just can't." His breathing was out of control. He was having another panic attack. He stood up from the counter and held his throat.

"Gally look at me." I demanded. I taught him the breathing technique I saw my mother do the first time he had a panic attack. He had finally calmed down. "Okay we both love each other and we can't loose one another, but I don't know how we can both keep each other alive-" he didn't let me finish my sentence. He wrapped his arms around my waist, his arm accidentally hit the spot where my back hit the concert ground. Pain shoots me like lightning inside.

"Ow!" I squealed and backed away.

"Oh god, Grace I'm so sorry." Gally said.

"It's okay." I replied.

"Did they hurt you?"

"No, it's fine." I denied even though it hurt really bad.

"Let me see it."

"Gally-"

"Grace, let me see it." I couldn't argue with him but I didn't want him to worry either. So I turned around an raised my shirt for him to see. I didn't even look at it myself so I was nervous what he will see. "Holy shuck." He whispered.

"What?"

"It's just a bruise but it's huge. It goes from your lower back and all over your right hip. It looks really bad."

"You have it worse."

"I don't care about me, you're hurt."

"It's fine." I couldn't control the tears they formed in my eyes.

"No, it's really bad."

"I don't care!" I turned to him, tears streaming down my face. "I don't care if I'm hurt okay! It doesn't matter that man is going to kill us. And it's all my fault. If I hadn't told Jose I was pregnant this wouldn't happen! It's my fault."

"Grace, this is not your fault, it no one's fault." He calmed holding my face in his hands.

"Yes it's all my fault and he's going to kill us! I know it he said so." Panic rises my chest again. "Is the door locked? Please tell me the door is locked!"

"Shhh Grace, calmed down, it going to be okay."

"Is the Goddamn door locked?"

"Yes the door is locked." He held my shoulders shushing me as if it was his only way to calm me down but I couldn't. My anxiety was out of control. All Gally could do was hold me in his arms. I appreciated his effort so much. He remembered not to touch my bruise. I cried in his chest as he kissed my head. I felt like pieces of me are falling apart and Gally was trying to hold me all together in his arms and if he doesn't hold me right I might shatter like broken glass. And that's how I felt like. I feel like I'm breaking.