Lord of the Flies

The coffee shop was closed so I had to study in the library. Gally, picked up a book from my pile of homework and started reading it. I was too busy to notice what he was doing so I let him read. While he was reading he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. Which I allowed as long as he didn't distract me. I don't know how long it's been when I finished all of my homework but I notice Gally's eyes were filled with tears. I never realized how fast he reads. Because he was at least a few pages into the story. I looked at the title of the book, 'Lord of the Flies.' It read. I never seen him cry before.

"You read the part where Piggy died. I know I got to that part too yesterday." He was silent and violently shut the book. "Gally, are you okay?"

"I'm sorry." He said rubbing his eyes. He smiled at me. "I don't normally cry in books."

"Piggy's death made me cry, too."

"Jack kind of reflects me."

"Why do you always see yourself as the antagonist in the story?"

"Believe me, if you knew me longer you'd probably think I am." I hugged his waist.

"Never." I said. He slides his hand around my back and smiled back. Kissed my forehead.

"I love how you're so forgiving."

"I hate it when people take advantage of it, though. Sometimes I forgive people even if they don't deserve it. But I really like you so you deserve it." I lay my head on his shoulder and he just holds me tighter.

For those of you who don't know. The Maze Runner is based off of Lord of the Flies. I actually read LOTF before TMR and remember which character resembles each other just blows my mind. Anyways, Gally is crying about the ending because Piggy reminds him of Chuck and he killed Chuck. Just to clear things up 😉