Watching Eyes

Back to Grace's POV
            I made my way to the office at school. I ask the lady at the desk to check me in. She told me to just go right to class. Without a pass. I was really confused because it was a strict policy to carry a pass, or you're considered a Crank.
"You sure."
"Oh honey absolutely." She had sympathy in her eyes. Confused, yet I walked to my class.

I entered into my AP History class and everyone was starring at me. That didn't bother me, but the way the teacher looked at me, made me concerned. His face had sadness, they all watched me take my seat. It took the teacher a while to go back to his lecture. Although I still felt eyes watching me.

All my classmates and teachers stared at me all day. I was starting to get a little offended, I finally saw Sadie at her locker.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey, I heard." She replied.

"Heard what?"

"Your mom."

"You knew?" I was ignorant to the fact that news travels fast in my school. "Everyone knew? Is that why everyone was staring at me all day?"

"I guess. I'm really sorry about your mom."

"It's fine." I said. Although it's not.

"Who are you going to live with."

"Umm...." I hesitated. "Gally."

"You got back together? When?"

"A couple of days ago."

"What did I tell you-"

"Yeah, he lied to me but, he loves me I know it. I love him, I really do "

"Fine then." She grumbled and stomped away. I became furious at her selfishness.

"Hey, Grace." Behind me was the voice I hated. Landon. I did not want to deal with his snarky comments.

"What?" I snapped.

"I just want to say, I'm sorry about your mom. Really I am. I know how it feels to loose someone to the Flare. I'm sucks."

"Thanks, Landon." I said weakly and walked away. Both grateful and embarrassed, because my childhood bully was giving me sympathy. I never even knew he lost someone to the Flare. Maybe that's why he always picked on everyone, to hide his pain by causing pain on everyone else. He suddenly gained a little bit of my respect.

           I did miss Gally all day. Which was one out of the three reasons why I found it hard to pay attention in class. The second, was the kids and teachers staring at me and telling me "sorry about your mom" or "I lost my family member too" of course I was grateful for the sympathy, but I wished they would stop talking about it. I wanted to forget about my mom for a while, so that I can ignore the grief inside me. That was the third reason.

           School was finally over, and my head was pounding. I drove to the apartment with the headache anyways. I dropped my bag on the floor and shook my hair out of the tight bun, when I got inside. I searched for Gally but found a note in the kitchen.

Grace,
if I'm not at home by the time you read this don't freak out, I'm at work. Be back soon, Beautiful.
- Gally.

        The note made me feel a little bit better. But my head continued to pound. I took some aspirin and laid down on the bed. Since I was finally alone, I let it go. All the pain, from being violated by Señor Shaggy, my mother being taken away, and from holding in all in all day. I clinched on a pillow and started screaming into in. I needed to let all my anger out. Before it explodes out of nowhere. I manage to stop screaming, it was no use anyways. No matter how much I scream or cried, it won't erase the pain.

I heard the front door open and keys jingling.
"Grace?" Gally called. "You home, Babe?"

"In here." I called back wiping the tears. His footsteps grew louder by the time he entered the bedroom.

"You okay?" He asked.

"I have a headache." I replied. He climbed into bed and I turned to face him. He lay on his side, supporting his upper body with his elbow. He leaned over and kissed my forehead.

"I'm sorry, Babe." He stroked my hair with his figures. "Do you want an aspirin?"

"I just took some, I'm waiting for it to kick. How was your day."

"Boring. How about yours?"

"Fine." I lied. "I missed you." That part was true.

"I missed you, too." He pressed his lips gently on my forehead again. There was something about his forehead kisses I loved so much. They calm me down, I feel protected.

"Getting better yet?" He asked. My head was finally starting to get better. But I wanted to play around.

"A little," I said innocently, "maybe a few more kisses." He smirked, as if he knew my little game. He kissed my forehead three times.

"Any better yet?" He asked again.

"Maybe a little lower this time." He kissed the tip of my nose. That was how I knew he was playing along with me.

"How 'bout now?"

"Almost." He finally pressed his lips into my mouth. The game was over and he had won. Our lips moved around each other's mouths in a sweet gentle motion. He let go of my lips. "All better." I acknowledged. He just stared into my eyes for a while then looked down in shame.

"Sorry." He said.

"Baby, it's fine." I assured. He looked back at me, not into my eyes but somewhere else on my face. He smiled.

"You're even more beautiful without makeup." He said.

"Stop it." I blushed.

"I'm serious."

"You're not used to seeing girls with make up."

"You are at least the second girl I met. But the most beautiful I've ever seen." I blushed again.

"I love you, so much." I said cupping his cheek.

"I love you, too." He pressed his hand on mine that was on his cheek. I tried to catch a glimpse of his eyes. They have passion in them. I never notice that look in his eyes. Was this the look he gives me when I'm not looking at him. Or was I just as sick in love as he is that I didn't see it. But I see it in him and I know how much he loves me.