Promise

"Mom?" I asked in a panic. "Are you alright, what happened?" She turned around and her eyes were bloodshot like the Cranks showed anger and sadness.

"It's his fault!" She pointed at Gally with a ferocious finger. "He killed my baby. He killed Aiden! He killed your brother!"

"How did you-"

"My co-worker did a background check on that beast. She said that Gally Lorenzo doesn't exist. But apparently Gally does." She was talking to me but looking at Gally. This person looks like my mother but doesn't sound like her. I stood in front of Gally afraid she will hurt him. "He was one of the kids who was taken away from WICKED. And put in the Maze. You were the one who killed my baby!"

"Mrs. A, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to kill Chu- Aiden. I didn't mean to I swear."

"Get away!" She pulled me away from him from my wrist. But I stood my ground. "Get away from him! He took away my son and he'll take away you!"

"No, Mom, let go!" I cried. Her grip tightened and my wrists hurt.

"Please Mrs. A, I'm sorry." Gally pleaded.

"You stay away from her. You're a danger to the family."

"Ow Mom your hurting me." I tried to move my wrist out of her grasp. "OW let go!"

"How dare you disobey me. I am your mother!"

"Let go of her." Gally ran between us and tried to remove my mother's hand from my wrist. That's when she bit his arm. I was finally free from her grasp but Gally's arm was bleeding with teeth marks.

"Mom!" I yelled. Her eyes finally cleared up. As if the craziness disappeared from her. She then realized what she had done. I held Gally close to me. His arm wrapped around my waist, protectively.

"Oh dear lord. What have I done?" She gasped "Grace? Pumpkin, I am so sorry." She was my mother, but we backed away when she inched closer to us.

"Mom?"

"I didn't think it would end up like this. I was holding on until you got to college."

"What?" I asked.

"Honey, I had the Flare for four years. My boss lend me some of the Bliss if I kept his secret. That he has the Flare too. I'm so sorry, sweetie. You were thirteen at the time and you needed me."
I just stood there in shock. Gally soaked up the blood with his shirt.

"Mom." Was all I could say. But I could tell that there was fear in my voice.

"I am so sorry, Pumpkin." She looked down and sobbed. I wanted to comfort her. I took a few steps toward her, but Gally pulled me back.

"Grace no, she can snap any minute."

"She's my mother." I said.

"It's his fault!" She yelled. I looked in her eyes and the blood look in her eyes was there again. "He killed your brother. And you are sleeping with him you little slut!"

"Mom!" I wasn't offended at all but I was shocked that she said it. I backed away from her. Then the Red Shirts burst through the door and grabbed my mother. Two Red Shirts blocked me and Gally from my mother.

"Back away, you two."

"No she's my mother!" I cried. Trying to break free of their wall.

"Sir, did she bit you?" A female Red Shirt asked Gally.

"Yeah." He replied. "I'm fine, though."

"Sir are you Immune?"

"Yes."