Epilogue

Chuck's POV

Three years later.

I forgave Gally after he killed me. I'm not a grudge holding klunk head. We weren't friends but I just knew that hidden inside those walls of his there was a soft heart. My sister brought the best in him. I actually told Alby "I told you so". I should've put a wager on it. Newt asked me if I was still okay with them being together.

"Not at first," I told him. "But they make each other happy. She brings the best in him. As long as he treats my sister well, then I'm okay with it." Now that they're safe. It makes me the happiest shank in the world.

           A lot has happened in that third year they spent in Paradise. Frypan became a successful cook. Thomas and Brenda are crazy in love for each other. Not like The Flare crazy but crazy like they spent all day together, kissing hugging, cuddling. Gross. Minho manage to fall in love with a girl from Group B and they got married. But, best of all Gally became the father of my niece. We made sure to give him out best angel. They named her Gabriella. As in Grace, Gally, and Gabby. When my sister first held her newborn daughter, her heart was filled with genuine love and joy just like our mother did. She is up here with me. Watching as my sister grows into a strong women. From all the pain she has been through from losing Mom, being violated, and leaving her home behind, she managed to focus on what was important. Being a mother. When Gally first held his daughter. His heart was dominated by unconstitutional love. It made him forget all of the horrible things that happened in the past. He's more happy than he ever was. With a child and the love of his life by his side. I never see him smile so much for as long as I knew him in the Glade. Nightmares still haunt all the remaining Gladers. But they were safe. Safe and Happy.

           What I found really heart warming. Thomas got to hold little Gabby. Gally even named him as Uncle Thomas. They have become good friends. It's like Gabby was a sign of rebirth. A reassurance of peace brought to the two shanks who used to hate each other. Frypan calls her the first Glader Baby. The baby to be the child of a Glader. I was surprised it would be Gally's child. But overjoyed to see him a proud father. The love he still has for my sister never got old. She really was his better half. She balances him, held him together when he was a broken boy. Now a strong built man. They make a wonderful family. They're going to do just fine together. Just like everyone else. Gally would have to tell his daughter someday about his time in the Glade. They would have to teach the next generation about the Flare and the outcome in schools. Thomas would tell the tale of how he escaped the maze, survived the Scorch and saved the remaining Immunes. As for the rest of us. Me, Newt, Alby, Teresa, and my mom. We'll just keep a watchful eye on them. Even in the next generation we will still watch over them. Until the time comes when they joined us. And we will have all of the Gladers together again. Just like old times. With no Grievers of course.