Hurt Eyes

Gurgling black liquid, he looked at us with hungry eyes. That was when I realize the time of the day. The sky was blood red, the sun quickly disappearing. Panic started to build up inside. My worst fear has come to life.

"What are you waiting for?" The Perverted Crank demanded.

"Hey, get out of here!" Gally yelled and smacked his fist at the window Pervert was looking through.

"Come on let see some under the shirt action." Pervert complained.

"Gally, let's just go." I cried. I jumped into the driver's seat and Gally crawled to the passenger seat. I tried turning the key, but the car wouldn't start. Pervert came to my side and pressed his hands against the window.

"Where you going, you whore," he taunted with a sticky smile. "I wanna see them hooters."

"Shuck off!" Gally screamed.

"The freaking car won't start!" I yelled. I turned the key again. My heart races fast. Pervert started banging his fists at the window. Finally the engine roared and I stepped on the gas pedal. I could see in the mirror that Pervert was running behind us but we were going too fast for him to catch up.

            I haven't realized how fast I was going until Gally told me I almost ran over a red light. I slammed the breaks. Breathing heavily.

"Was that-" Gally asked.

"A Crank, Gally." I yelled. "That was a Crank!" I tried to hold in the tears.

"Are you okay."

I nodded. Afraid that my voice will crack.

"Are you sure?" He asked again. The light turned green, before I could answer. I drove but not as fast as I was going. I parked in the parking lot of my apartment building. We rushed inside and inside the elevator I broke down.

"Gally," I sobbed. "I lied, I'm not okay. That was the most terrifying thing in my life." He embraced me and I cried in his chest. The most safest place in the world is in his arm. My ear is right on his chest, I can hear his heartbeat beating really fast too. He kissed the crown of my head. When I heard the ding of the elevator I didn't want to leave his arms. He held one arm around my shoulders and started walking with me. I was still crying as we walked down the hallway. I stopped when we were five doors ahead of my door.

"My mom can't see me like this." I said as I started breathing normal to calming myself down. He wiped the tears from my cheeks with his thumbs.

"Take all the time you need." I looked into his eyes, he stared back at mine, his lips pressed together. I can see the pain in his eyes again. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry this happened." Although it didn't seemed like he was talking to me. Like he was talking to something else in me. The way his eyes buried deep into mine with hurt. "It's all my fault."

"Shh, no it's not Gally." I hushed holding his hands. He snapped out of his daze.

"I was the one who was supposed to protect you. Your mom is going to think I betrayed her trust."

"Not if I explain it to her. And you did protect me. I was terrified and you were there for me." He cups my cheeks and kissed my forehead. His lips were pressed there for a while. As if he had a magical power to calm me down with a kiss to the forehead. If not, it was working anyways. I had realize how lucky I was to have a boy like him. I appreciated him so much for his love.

"Are you okay now?" He asked.

"Yeah I think so." I nodded. He took my hand and we walked to my door. I opened it and my mother is waiting for me in her chair. She stood up quickly.

"Where the hell have you been Grace Marie?" she yelled. "Do you know what time it is?"

"I know Mom-"

"I had to call the police but they said I couldn't file a missing person because you haven't been gone for 48 hours! Do you known how terrified I was you could've been hurt!"

"Mom I know, just listen-"

"And Gally I asked you to make sure she come home on time."

"Mom Gally had nothing to do with this-"

"Mrs. A it was my fault," Gally defended."I take full responsibility for it."

"Gally don't." I said.

"I lost track of time and we could've got hurt." He continued.

"But we didn't Mom, we're fine." I lied and Gally knew that I was. She was scowling, arms crossed. "I'm really sorry, Mom."

"It will never happened again." Gally finished.

"It better not." She said. She looked out the large window and turned back to Gally. "Despite how crossed I am Gally, I can't let you go out into town this late at night. You can sleep on the couch but if you dare to go to my daughter's room-"

"I won't I promise, thank you so much Mrs. A."

"Thank you, so much Mom." I said hugging her. "I'm so sorry."

"Pull the mattress out of the bed, please." She commanded politely. "I'll get the sheets." She went into her bedroom while Gally helped me pulled the mattress out of the couch. My mother came back with sheets, blankets, and some clothes.

"These were my husband's pajamas." She said softly as she handed him the folded pajamas.

"Thank you so much."

"You did bring her home, not on time, but at least she's safe." She turned to me. "Grace honey, I think you should go to bed now."

"Yes Mom." I bided. "Goodnight, love you."

"I love you too." She said back. I looked at Gally.

"See you in the morning." I said.

"You too," he replied. "I love you."

"I love you too." I said, quickly kissing his lips, and walked up the spiral stairs.