Take Me Back

I haven't talked to Gally in two weeks. I hated to admitted that I missed him. I missed him more then I ever did. But all I kept telling myself was to get over it. That's how I got through middle school. A voice telling me get over it. I never told my mother about my breakup or Sadie. I don't trust my mother anymore, and I'm afraid Sadie won't understand. So it was just me alone.

You don't need him. I thought to myself. You don't need him.

            During those past two weeks of ignoring my feelings have been hell. I had distractions like dance class, school, homework, and work. But at home the memories flow in my mind. Where my mother lays paralyzed to the world. Glued to that stupid picture. That picture. That picture of my dead brother and my maybe-dead father. The brother my ex-boyfriend killed. The brother I always wonder who he is. Now I will never know. I hated that picture. But I knew it was selfish me to think that.

        In the school hallways, as I was grabbing my books from my locker. Sadie approached me with a concerned look.

"Hey are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I said giving her a fake smile.

"Are you sure."

"Yeah."

"How are you and Gally."

"Oh we broke up." My voice was way to casual, even to me.

"Wait you two broke up? When?"

"Like two weeks ago."

"Two weeks and you never told me?"

"It doesn't matter. I broke up with him."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I said I  broke up with him."

"You sure."

"I'm fine, okay!" I said impatient. I calmed myself down before I breakdown. "Sorry,"

"How did he take it?"

"Look it doesn't matter-"

"Hey Gracie," an evil little voice called. Landon.

"What do you want dweeb?" Sadie asked.

"I hear you broke up with your boyfriend."

"Shut up, Landon!" Sadie demanded.

"Why he dump ya, was he too good enough for yah?"

"Go away, Landon." I said. Feeling the tears threatening to burst.

"Maybe he wanted someone smaller."

"Don't you ever go away when someone tells you?" Sadie continued.

"What I wanna know, what made him finally realize to dump that cow." that's when I had it. Landon's rude comments made me hit my wall. I can't hide it any longer. I broke down and walked away. I heard Sadie call my name. I went to the girls bathroom and cried in the mirror. Sadie caught up with me.

"Sadie," I sobbed. "I lied, I miss him so much."

"But you said."

"I said I broke up with him and that's true but I still miss him. I still love him."

"Why did you breakup with him?"

"He was lying to me and kept secrets from me. That's all." I left out the part where he was in the maze and killed my brother.