Trust Your Heart

I didn't sleep for three hours that night. Not after what I just witnessed. The angry perverted Crank still haunts my mind. His crazy red bloodshot eyes piercing inside my brain. The chaos outside didn't help either. I got up from my bed and walked down the spiral steps to see Gally in the pull out mattress sleeping. His chest rose up and down in a slow gentle sleep. As I reach to the floor I knelt down next to the bed. The city lights shine from the large skylight window, glowing on his sleepy face. I tap his shoulder.

"Gally." I wake him. "Gally."

"Hmm?" He groaned a little bit until his eyes opened. "Grace what's wrong?"

"I'm scared." I whispered. "That Crank-"

"Shh, it's okay." He hushed. He scooted away on the bed and open the covers. I climbed in the bed with him. My back to his front, he wrapped his strong arms around me. I can feel his heart beat fast against my back. I wondered why?

"Gally?" I whispered.

"Yeah?"

"I love you so much."

"I love you too."

"I'm so glad you're in my life. I'm so glad I can trust you." I didn't hear him say anything. He just kissed the back of my head. "I always feel so safe in your arms. I know I can always trust you." I felt him shivering a little bit. "Gally are you cold?"

"No I'm fine, Babe. Are you cold?"

"No, you're warm."

"When ever you don't feel safe. I'll be here, for you. I promise."

"You will?"

       He took a deep breath before replying. "I will." I closed my eyes, feeling Gally's chest move up and down on my back is soothing, the reassurance of my love holding me tight in his arms I fall asleep fast.

         A clear blue lighting fills the living room as I woke up. Gally's arms were still wrapped around me. The sad part was I had to leave his arms before my mother comes in.

"Gally." I whispered. "Gally?"

"Yeah," he asked sleepily.

"I have to go,"

"No." He whispered as he held me tighter. "Stay please."

"My mom will see us." He sighed and loosened his grip. I crawled out of the bed. He turned over on his back. Before I left I kissed his lips and climbed the stairs. Even though my alarm was going off in half an hour I tried to go back to sleep. I missed the comfort of Gally's arms, and the slowness of his breathing against my back. I wished that we can sleep together like that every night, I wouldn't have to pretend that the Crank parties outside isn't there.

        My alarm goes off when I was still awake. I get up and dress myself in a t shirt, jeans, and toms. I stepped down the stairs to find Gally wide awake staring at the ceiling.

"Good morning." I said.

"Morning Beautiful." He smiled as I took his hand. "What do you want to do today?"

"Well I have school and dance rehearsal and plus I don't know if my mom would let me see you for a few days."

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you, too. Do you want breakfast? We got cereal and coffee."

"That would be great, Babe."

"Alright get dressed then." I walked towards the kitchen and grabbed two bowls, a cereal box, and two mugs. I pour the cereal and then the milk into the bowl. As soon as I poured the coffee into the mug I felt Gally hug me from behind. His arms slowly embracing my hips.

"You're so amazing." He whispered. "I love how sweet, kind, and strong you are. And if someone tried to hurt you I swear I'll beat the klunk out of them."

"What does klunk even mean?" I asked.

"You don't wanna know." I giggled softly and turned to face him. We rested our foreheads together.

"I love how protective and selfless you are." I said. He smiled and starts to blush. "And I love your smile. I'm so lucky to have you in my life. I know this sounds really cheesy but I feel like-"

"Okay break it up you two." My mother teased. Gally and I separated. Gally rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed.

"Eat your breakfast, because Grace needs to get to school." She ordered, kindly. Gally and I eat our cereal and drank the coffee.

"Do you want me to walk with you?" He asked. "To school."

"Sure." I said happily. My boyfriend walking with me to school? What a dream. Plus still a little bit shaky from the Crank the last night. When we finished Gally got up and took the our dishes to the sink.

"I'm so grateful to have a gentleman for a boyfriend." I said.

"You deserve one." He replied. He took my hand.

"Bye Mom, love you." I bitted.

"You too, sweetie." She replied but doesn't look back, she starts her morning looking at that same picture.

Gally held my hand on the way to school. On the way he asked something I didn't expect.

"Haven't you notice your Mom talks kinda slow and she's always in a daze?"

"No I haven't."

"Really, it's kinda obvious."

"Maybe it's the side effects to her medication."

"What medication is she using?"

"Anti-depressants I think."

"I'm surprised you never noticed."

"She's been on it for so long I guess I'm used to it."

"How long has she been on it?"

"As long as I can remember."

"Hmmm." He hesitated. "By the way what we're going to say back there?"

"Say what?"

"You were about to say something cheesy?"

"Oh never mind that."

"I wanna know."

"No it's lame."

"Please, Babe."

"Fine I was going to say that I feel like we were made for each other that we were meant to bump into each other. What about you?"

"I don't know maybe something was trying to set us up." I stood on my toes to kiss his cheek.

"Your so cute." I teased.

"No you're cute." He kissed my cheek. We continued walking. As got to the school parking lot I stopped.

"Well, I gotta go."

"Don't you want me to walk you to class."

"I would but we have a strict policy where if your not a student and your trying to get into the school your considered a Crank." He puts his hands on my hips.

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you, too." He held my face in his hands and kissed my lips. He kissed me again on my nose and my forehead.

"I love you." He smiled.

"I love you, too." I gave him one last hug and slowly walked away with him. I think that night when he held me, made me trust him more than ever. We're closer now, I love him so much. I can trust him.