Right Arm

Back to Grace's POV

The whole car went quite. I blew it. Gally asked me to do something and I blew it. He hardly asks me for anything and I couldn't do a single job. Thomas kept staring at me. At least it shut him up, I was sick of answering his one million questions.

We drove to the building and headed down to the apartment. I reached for the keys and unlocked the door.

"You live with him?" Thomas asked.

"Yeah" I replied. "when my Mom caught the Flare last week, he was the only person I could turn to." As we went inside I searched for Gally. I was told not to tell them who he was until they met him. They wouldn't have come if I did tell them.

"Baby?" I called. "We're here."

"Okay, that's it," Minho began. "Who is the Glader and why did we have to be escorted by his girlfriend?"

"Because you wouldn't have come if you knew." Gally said coming from the hall. Both Thomas and Minho's mouths had dropped. Then Thomas eyes were filled with rage and charged at Gally. He punched him in the already damaged cheek. Minho and the older man had to pull him away. I scurried to protect Gally.

"You killed him!" Thomas screamed. "you killed Chuck and now you're with his sister." I held Gally by his arm and examined his cheek. The cut had grown more wider and started to bleed again.

"Good to see you too Thomas." Gally implied. "Minho especially." Thomas was free from there grasp. I reacted and pushed him away from Gally.

"Thomas stop please!" I begged. He looked in my eyes and the rage disappeared. I knew that he could see Chuck through my eyes. He didn't attack Gally. But he just stared at me.

"How could you be with him. Do you know-"

"Yes I do know. He told me. But like I said I don't remember him, I remember I had a brother but I hardly knew who he was."

"And you forgave him?"

I nodded. "I know he didn't mean to do it." He glared at Gally.

"Well I don't forgive him."

"Who could blame you?" Gally said. "I don't forgive myself either. You really thought I wanted to kill Chuck. He was annoying but he was still a good kid." I held Gally's hand and looked up at him. There was pain in his eyes again. "Never in a million years I would ever want to kill him. If I could bring him back I would do it in a heartbeat." He looked at me as I squeeze his hand. He squeezed back. "But that doesn't matter right now." He continued. "The end of the world is upon us." I panicked a little bit inside. What did he meant the end of the world? He obviously wanted me to know because he allowed me to stay with them in the living room. I figured he didn't say anything before because he didn't want me to worry. We all sat on the carpet floor while Gally explained how he got out of WICKED captivity just how he told me. He also explained about Right Arm, the group he works with to take down WICKED and also how the Flare being spread around wildly because political and governmental officials are catching it and using the Bliss to hide it. More and more people are being infected each day and Immunes are endangered. He said that Munies are disappearing maybe kidnapping. They are probably being sold to WICKED so they can continue the Trials again.

"Who told you all this?" Thomas asked.

"Teresa, she told one of our officials and gave me the information." Gally answered. I kept holding his hand. "So that's basically all you need to know."

"Sorry that I punched you." Thomas said. "I let my emotions get the better of me."

"Don't worry about it," Gally assured. "as far as I know I deserved it."

"But I'm not sure about this." He pointed at the both of us. Gally smiled as if it were a joke.

"Well you might as well get over it soon." He teased. I smiled back.

"I know now you never meant to kill him, but she looks just like him."

"I learned to look through that."

"Can I say one thing?" Minho asked. Gally gestured his hand to continue. "She's a lot prettier than Chuck." I blushed and it was obvious.

"No time for compliments." The other girl Brenda stood up. "We need to get to Hans." She turned to me. "No offense and thanks for the ride."

"No problem." I said. Everyone stood up and headed out the door.

"Come by anytime for more information." Gally said. "I'll be here."

"Thanks." Thomas said.

"For what?" Gally asked.

"For calling us." Thomas looked at me. "I knew your brother really well. He was a great friend, like he was my own brother." I smiled at him.

"Thank you for being his friend." I said. Then Minho pulled him to the door before he could say anything else. As everyone left Gally turned to me a kind smile on his face.

"Thank you so much for doing this." He said.

"You're welcome. I'm sorry I told him about me being Chuck's-"

"No no it's okay, you did great." He hugged me. Carful not to hit my bruise again.

"Thomas seemed nice." I said.

"Yeah yeah, everyone thinks he's so great." Gally said sarcastically. "We weren't friends."

"I could tell. How's you bruises?"

"Hurts like a shucker." He complained.

"Let's puts some ice on it."

Okay So this was the worse chapter I wrote. But I was trying to follow the book and the movie. I don't know why. I'm trying to finish this story in time before school starts in August. I feel like I'm almost done I just gotta keep going. Thank you guys for being so loyal and reading this story.