Safe House

"Gally!" I shrieked and fall down. My hands fly around him. I tried to move his hands so I could see the wound. But he wouldn't let me see. He was screaming in agony. He used to say he's been through worse but I could tell he has never experienced this kind of pain. This was it. The feeling I had this morning was true. I held him in my arms like he always does to me.

"I told yah I be back for ya'll!" I turned the the angry deep western voice. Gorilla was aiming the gun at us. "Thought I was joshin yah, Little Missy?"

"No please." I begged. "Don't do this!"

"He'll be fine," Gorilla insisted. "I missed. But I won't this time." He cocked the gun. I searched for another weapon. But Gally's gun had been dropped a few feet away from us and my butter knife was in the chest of a girl Crank. This was the end for me and Gally.

At least I get to spend my last moments with him. I thought. But there was still some sort of hope in me. A miracle that could some reason pop out of this moment of chaos.

"Say hi to Jose, wherever he's at." Gorilla's last words stabbed at me like knives. I shut my eyes and held Gally tight in my arms. Pressing our heads together. When the gun shot exploded in sound.
I felt nothing. Everything was quite. I thought he might've shot Gally first and then me. But Gally was still breathing and the second blow felt like an eternity. Was this death? Are Gally and I ghosts and we've already forgotten we had died. Or is it just that we were never killed in the first place. I opened my eyes. Gorilla was standing still holding the gun looking at his bleeding chest. Another shot to his head and he timbers down like a tree. I turned around to see, Gally's co worker for Right Arm, Richard. His gun had fired at Gorilla and saved us. He approached us and looked at Gally's wound.

"He'll be alright." He told me, "The bullet didn't go through him. But the skin and muscle tissue needs to be treated before he bleeds to death. Take his arm and I'll take the other one." I wrapped my shoulders with Gally's arm and Richard did the same. "This way, quickly!" He instructed. We limped our way to a stone wall were Richard typed in a code and a door slide opened. A bunch of paramedics came pushing a gurney. I helped Richard place Gally on the gurney. I held Gally's hand and stroked his hair.

"Gally you're going to be okay." I told him. However I was terrified of losing him the second time. I had realized, that Gally had saved my life three times.

"Get him to the intensive care unit, stat!" They started pushing the gurney away but I still held on to him.

"Miss, I'm sorry but you can't come." A paramedic said.

"No I can't leave him." I cried.

"Grace just go." Gally spoken but his voice sounded so weak. Like he was running so low on energy that just talking would use it all up. "I'll be fine." He kissed my hand. I stopped in my tracks and our hands separated. I began to cry, as I watch the paramedics take him away.

"Don't worry sweetie," said a Right Arm women with dark skin and short dreadlocks. "He'll be alright, now come with me."

"Where?" I asked.

"To the other Immunes."

There was a large dorm filled with at lease thousands of other Immunes. Including adults, kids I go to school with, little children, and women who are pregnant. There were bunks and mats on the floor so it must be a safe house for overnight.

"Just find some people you know, honey." The nice women said. "When they get Gally all patched up I'll send him here. Just stay calm." She left. Darren greeted me with a hug.

"Gracie, you okay?" He asked me. I began to cry again. "What's wrong?"

"Gally got shot." I confessed, "they said he's going to be okay, but-" a sob interrupted me. He hugged me again.