Gally's POV

Holding her in my arms is the only reason why I don't have a nightmare. It calms me down. She's probably the reason why I'm not hanging from the ceiling or have a bullet in my head. Because of killing Chuck and memories from the Glade I thought about suicide. But never had the guts to do it. But whenever I'm with her. I have hope that I'll be a better person. That I can make something of myself. Be someone's love life, someone's husband. Maybe someone's father. And the beautiful girl, sleeping on my chest, is my hope, my life. But I could never forgive myself for what I did to Chuck. I still ask myself everyday, why does she love me? Do I even deserve her? How can I, if I can't even look into her eyes without seeing Chuck. She's just so amazing in so many ways. I can't believe she's mine. I can't believe how much I love her. I think I remember loving someone in my past life before the maze. Whoever that person was is gone. This love I had for Grace is not like the one I remember. My heart races whenever she touches me, my stomach drops whenever she looks at me. I get scared and happy at the same time, when I'm around her. Happy that she is mine, but scared that I could loose her. That somehow she can be stolen from my arms. I need her. I love her.

           The sun glistened from my window. From my time in the Glade we didn't have alarm clocks. We just woke up right when the sun rises. Grace, however was still asleep on my chest. I didn't want to wake her, so I held her head up and slide over. I placed her head on a pillow. So I let her sleep in. She was even more beautiful when she sleeps. Her face was clean from makeup. It's also a little funny how her hair is unkempt. But she was beautiful. I picked some clothes from the dresser to changed. Then the bathroom to shave. Something I remember learning in my past life.

         I glide the razor on my face, until I heard footsteps coming down the hall. A very tired, Grace appeared in the door way.

"Morning Beautiful." I said.

"What time is it?" She asked rubbing her eyelids.

"9:34." I replied.

"I'm late for school." her voice sounded dead. Like she didn't even care that she was late.

"Sorry I should've woken you up."

"It's fine."

"You're not going school?" I asked concerned.

"No I'm going to school. There's no point in ditching." She made sure I pulled the razor from my face so she can hug me. Her cheek pressed against my back and her arms around my waist. She didn't hold me tight. But just enough for my heart to beat fast. It's a mutual feeling when you touch someone in an amorous way. I finish shaving my face and she still continued to hold me.

"Babe," I asked. "are you stalling?"

"Maybe." She said it really childishly. I chuckled a little bit. I turned to face her and notice she was wearing one of my shirts again. "Is that my shirt?" I asked, jokingly.

"It's mine now." She teased.

"Babe, if you're gonna keep this up, then I'll run out of shirts."

"I'll wash them."

"Come on, get ready for school." I said. "I'll make breakfast this time." As she disappeared into the bedroom, I made my way to the kitchen, where I cooked eggs and buttered toast. Grace came into the kitchen with her hair pulled back into a tight bun and her face still clear from makeup. Wearing jeans and a hooded sweatshirt.

          After a quiet breakfast, I walked her to her car. When we stopped, she wrapped her arms around my neck and I placed my hands on her hips.
"I'll miss you." She said.

"I'll miss you, too." I replied. "Things will get better, okay?"

She nodded, kissed my lips, and hugged me. Her chin locked on my shoulder. My arms grip tighter around her waist.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too, Baby." She said back then we parted.

"Have a good day at school."

"Okay." She got in her car. I moved away from car. As she pulled up from the parking lot, I waved. She saw me in the rear view mirror and I saw her hand wave back. I watched her disappear into the street.