Meeting Mom

The next day I made my way down the metal staircase to dance practice. I caught my mother in her usual position starring at that picture. Sometimes I wonder if she spends her whole day looking at that picture "Bye Mom, going to Dance." I said.

"Are you going to see Gally afterwards?" She asked.

"Yeah,"

"You've been hanging out with Gally more than usual. Are you sure you two aren't a 'thing'?"

"Well..." I said.

"Well, what?" Her voice extended in suspicion.

"We actually started dating last week."

"Really?" Her voice sounded worried. "I mean- really..." Her tone changed to confident.

"Yeah." I said.

"You should bring him over sometime. Why not tonight. Can I meet his parents?"

"Umm he's emancipated."

"This boy lives alone and you didn't tell me."

"It didn't matter, Mom."

"Well, where are his parents?"

"They got infected by the Flare."

"Oh..." Her voice trailed off. "Both of them?"

"Yes Mom." I said irritated. I hate it that she has to know everything about the people I hang out with. Everything.

"What's his last name again?"

"Lorenzo."

"Gally Lorenzo?"

"Invite him over tonight when you see him?"

"I guess so." I shrugged.

     Dance class is really stressful and our dance instructor starts getting mean. We're all used to it by now, because she's always nice before Dance Week.

"Sadie, smile!" She ordered as we dance. "Grace hips!" I followed the orders right away and moved my hips sexually. As we finished, we took deeps breaths through our noses so we don't loose our pose.

"Okay, that was perfect guys, keep it up. Remember competition is in four days so keep practicing." We all parted away. "Grace I need to talk to you."

"Sure what is it."

"I can see you have a new boyfriend, but remember your priorities."

"Yeah I know." I said.

"And he's not a distraction right."

"He knows I have dance to worry about."

"Okay, but remember your priorities."

"Sure I will." I grab my bag and found Gally waiting for me in the hall.

"Hey Babe." He greeted. "I didn't want to come in, cause I'm such a distraction."

"You're a sexy distraction." I smirked and set my hands on his broad shoulders and kissed him. He wraps his arms around my waist. We parted and I remember something.

"Oh wait." I said.

"What's wrong, Babe." He asked.

"My mom wants to meet you." Gally's face immediately lost its color and gulped

"Y-your." He stuttered, "your mom?"

"What's wrong?"

"Um nothing, when."

"Tonight."

"Tonight?"

"Yeah, I know it's last minute, but my mom really wants to meet you. Baby, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I would love to meet your mother."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, yeah." He took my bag from my shoulders and slide it on his shoulder. I took his hand.

"Okay then." I said.