Moving In

I started packing my things in my duffle bag. It almost took the whole day to get everything I owned into my car and in Gally's apartment. He left room in his dresser for my clothes. We were quite all day. I didn't feel like talking, because all I could think about was how things were going to be different. Living with Gally, going to school, holding a job and still going to dance rehearsals. Not to mention I'm still terrified walking on that street. I also have to get emancipated. The whole dilemma was too stressful. The whole day was stressful. I just wanted to sleep it off. For dinner Gally made ramen noodles. I tried to make myself happy by thinking I'm already in college. But it didn't work. I know Gally was trying to make me feel better.

"Babe, things will better. Okay?" He said.

"Thanks." I said. "It'll be different, though."

"I know. But I'll be there for you."

We washed the dishes together. I lather and rinsed the bowls and pot while he dried the with a towel.

"Sorry, I don't have a dishwasher." He said.

"It's okay." I replied giving him a smile. He puts the dry dishes in the cabinets. He went to the bathroom to take a shower. I got dressed for bed in my sweatpants and I stole one of Gally's shirts from his dresser. I tied my hair up in a tight bun and snuggled in the bed. Hearing the shower go off I expected Gally to come to bed pretty soon. Moments later I heard footsteps and a weight hit the mattress. I assumed it was Gally by the way he exhaled.

"Goodnight, Baby." I said.

"Goodnight Grace." He replied. "I love you."

"I love you too." I felt his lips pressed against my temple. Hearing his breath starts out normal then slowly. His shoulders relaxing and finally drifts into sleep. Me, I couldn't sleep. I thought about my mother. Guilt fled my heart, because I rarely told her I love her. I hardly told her how much I appreciated all the work she's put into raising me. I missed her and what hurts is I can't see her again. She's alive but I will never see her again. She's probably in the Crank Palace by now and I can't see her again. My mother is gone.

I managed to fall asleep but woke up immediately after a nightmare of my mother and Señor Shaggy. I looked over at Gally, who's arm isn't around me anymore. He is sleeping on his back, his arms over his head, and his neck turned to face me. I watched his chest rise and fall in a peaceful sleep. There was something about his sleeping that made him so beautiful. Maybe it's how calm he is, his face innocent and neutral. Gently, I lay my head on his chest. His heartbeat was like a soft lullaby. Bum bum...Bum bum... Bum bum. His chest was moving up and down that was slowly rocking my head. I guess I must've woken Gally a little bit because I felt his hand rest on my ribcage. Little soft, sleepy, moans escape from him. Eventually I fall asleep again. And slept through the whole night.