Intoxicated

Arthit's POV------

Kongpob opened the trunk of his car and I placed the box of the stalker’s items in it. He turned and took my bag from me and placed it inside also.

I just took another deep breath and sat down in the leather seat. I adjusted it to fit me as he walked around and got in the driver’s seat.

For a brief moment, as his door shut and we were enclosed in this small space, I wondered if I would really be able to keep my cool in this situation. I could picture my teeth at his neck, the feeling that would overwhelm me as his blood filled my mouth..... or the feeling of my lips on his skin, both scenarios were overwhelming for me.

I took a shallow breath, getting control of myself. Yes, it burned my itching throat and sou, but I could do it. I just needed to look at the bigger picture. He was my client, and I was stronger than the call of his blood and body, at least I hoped that it was the only case.

As we pulled away from the hospital and headed towards his house, I thought of the things that we would need to do, to find the stalker. Bright had told me about the guard, Sunny, and I decided that I would check out what he might know first.

“Kongpob, when we get to the guards cabin, I would like to take a few minutes to talk to Sunny. To see if he knows anything about the toy piano that was left at your home”

Kongpob nodded and eased the Porsche up the ramp and onto the freeway through the heart of the city. I didn’t speak as he wove through the sparse late night traffic. I didn’t want to distract him. I also wished that I was the one driving. I always felt more in control that way. Probably not a good thing to drive this car though, I would want to go very fast.

We were quiet as he drove. Both of us had things on our minds.

As the scenery sped by, I remembered his touch on my cheek. If I could have blushed, I knew that I would have been doing so. I tried not to take the deep breath that I really didn’t need but somehow wanted. I needed to keep my mind on the business at hand, and touches to my cheek were not what I needed to think about right now.

We turned into his neighborhood before I expected us to do so. He had driven quite fast, for a human. I mentioned his speed to him, and he just shrugged, glancing over at me with a crooked smile.

“I was impressed with Bright’s driving earlier. He drove faster than I would have, but he really did a good job of it. I was glad he went that fast, I was in a hurry to get to the hospital”

He shrugged again.

“I would let him drive the car again if he wanted to.”

“I will be sure to let him know. He will probably take you up on that, but Jenny will want a turn, too”

I smiled back at him as he laughed at my comment. He said that she could have a go anytime at all.

Sunny, the guard, came out of the cabin, and since he recognized Kongpob, he started to wave us through, but Kongpob motioned him closer. Kongpob stopped as I had asked him to, so that I could speak with Sunny.

“Good evening, Mr. Suthiluck”

Sunny said as he approached us.

“What can I do for you this evening ??”

“As I mentioned to Bill earlier, I am going to be having a couple more guests coming in and out this week”

He turned to me and introduced us. I stepped out to get my picture taken and to ask him a couple of questions. I also swept a quick glance around the area to ensure that we didn’t have any unwelcome visitors.