FATE....

Kongpob's Pov---------

The following week sped past at the speed of light. Bright continued to cook for me. There were hours of video games and playful banter between three vampires and me. When I would think of another question to ask about vampiric life, someone always was forthcoming with answers.

But the nights, Ahhhhh...... The nights….... they were full of soft kisses and warm caresses. Me and Arthit were becoming closer and our boundaries were being pushed. We laughed together about that, a couple of frustrated virgins. I know Arthit won't be crossing any of these boundaries till he gets assured that I am completely confident and sincere about my decision of being with him and to be turned into a vampire afterwards.

I had a plan to assure him...... I am going to propose to Arthit and bind myself with him for eternity. I was sure about my love for him And also about spending my whole life with him. I asked Jenny to help me with it. She said that she would be happy to come with me to the bank after my doctor's appointment on Friday.

Friday finally came and I was so excited to get my cast off. Arthit came with me. When the doctor removed the cast my arm appeared so odd, all pale and weak looking. He said that he would need to take an x-ray and then get a brace fitted to me. Said he would be back after the x-ray was processed.

The nurse started wiping my arm clean, but she was looking up into my face more than at my hand. I thought I heard a growl and the nurse was suddenly standing back several feet away from me. Arthit had nudged her back and away from me…with his shoulder. He took over the cleaning of my arm. When I glanced up at him I heard a whispered, 'Mine…'  Arthit grinned at me, I nodded and smiled looking into his eyes.

I focused on the skin at the back of my hand. The surgeon Mr. Suppasit  had done a remarkable job. There was only the slightest bit of scarring on the back of it. Doctor had told me to not move the fingers until after the x-rays came back. I wasn’t even sure that they would move, so I didn’t try it.

Dr. Ben came back soon with the x-ray in hand. He slipped it onto the light box.

“Well, Kongpob, this looks great. The bones have all healed and they look almost perfect. Now, I am going to send you to get a brace. You can take it off to do your exercises and to shower. They will measure you for the brace and you can come back late this afternoon to pick it up”

He paused and looked over my chart again.

“I want you to go on over to PT now and they will take you through your exercises and give you a temporary brace to wear until you get the finished one this afternoon”

He looked up at me and continued in a stern voice.

“Now, don’t overdo it Kongpob, I remember when you were a youngster, you never listened to me whenever you were hurt”

For a moment he just reminded me of my childhood, when he often  lectures me on what to do or what not to do.

“If you push this…if you try to work too hard and too soon, you will have setbacks and maybe even reinjure yourself. So....Don’t !!”

Arthit spoke up before I could assure him that I would follow their orders word by word.

“Doctor, I promise you that he won’t overdo it. I will be watching him like a hawk !!”

“Good for you, Mr. Rojnapat !! You will have your work cut out for you though. He is very headstrong since childhood”

Dr. Ben shook my hand and we made our way over to the physical therapy office. It only took them a short time to get the measurements for my hand brace. They gave me a soft brace to use until later and then the therapist took me through my first PT session.