Gone....

Arthit's POV------

“Bright ?? Jenny ?? Are you on ??”

I asked through my Bluetooth earpiece. They both answered in the affirmative.

The technical aspect of our team was the favorite thing about it for Bright, getting to be the 'Technical man' of our team. He kept finding us the most up-to-date gadgets. Our current Bluetooth earplugs were very small, very discreet and could barely be seen. Bright  still really wanted his, to be on his wrist…Or in his shoe. He wanted to play James bond in real.

Bright is... Bright in the end.

Kongpob was now on stage with the orchestra, and the concert was about to start. We were going to make continuous rounds of the corridors and the outdoors. The University Security Staff were also keeping their eyes on each and every entry and exit point through the CCTV. It was a hard job because there were so many entries and exits.

Prem and Wad, along with Knott and Noor, were seated in the audience. They would be keeping watch in there. Prem and Wad was also linked with us via bluetooth system.

The President of the University began speaking, introducing Kongpob, William  and the orchestra. He gave a short speech about how a large portion of the proceeds of the concert would be going towards helping the Arts Projects for the school.

The house lights dimmed, and from where I was standing backstage, I could see William raise his arms, with a flourish of his baton, the music started.

The audience was enthralled, as was I. Watching Kongpob perform was mesmerizing. You could see that he felt every word, every note. I could feel the rise and swell of the music in every part of my body as the orchestra followed his voice.

I moved from one side of the stage to the other. As I peeked out from behind the curtain, Kongpob happened to glance up and caught sight of me. He smiled, his face softening and lighting up. I smiled back at him and then went on out of sight, continuing my vigil of the stage area. This man was making me feel things that I had never thought to feel. It was exhilarating, that’s for sure.

Later…I was really looking forward to later !!

The concert continued through to the last song of the first half. At intermission, all of the musicians would come back to one of the four dressing rooms to get a drink and to dress down just a bit. Kongpob would take off his coat and tie, and then they would continue with the second half of the concert.

The music from the last song before the break was coming to a close when Bright announced on the Bluetooth

“Arthit !! I can smell the stalker....”

His voice was quiet and swift.

“I just ran across the scent at the north door, towards the front.”

“Is it the complete scent ??”

I asked as I rushed from my post and ran towards where Bright was.

“Yes.... No….. just a hint of the whole thing ?? It’s the one from the park bench for sure”

Bright  sounded confused.

By then, I was rushing with Jenny towards him. We met up in the corridor just as the auditorium doors opened, and the people at concert began spilling out to take a break during the intermission. We were quickly engulfed in a sea of humans. The scent was immediately diluted by all the human bodies surrounding us.