Awake....

Jenny's Pov---------

Arthit said that he wants to stay with Kongpob all night, but I was going to insist that he go and feed himself, if he wants to stay in control around Kongpob Suthiluck. The stress of the last two days had taken a lot out of him, and he needed sustenance. Whole family agreed that he needed to do this. That’s why they sent me and Bright…

We wouldn’t take no for an answer !!

I would assure Arthit that I wouldn’t leave Kongpob for a minute. We figured that the press would get wind of his whereabouts any minute, and we needed to keep him from being bothered. The hospital security was good, but we felt like we really needed to be on our toes after the disaster of him being kidnapped. I still couldn’t believe we hadn’t realised that there were two stalkers.

We had a lot to make up for.

When I entered into Kongpob's hospital room, I could tell from his respiration and heart rate that he was already in a deep sleep. Arthit was so focused on Kongpob that he hadn’t heard me slip inside the room. I watched Arthit for a few moments. He was always the most handsome, between all the man in our family, but now a glow seemed to come from inside him, making him shine like his name sake... SUN, it was almost hard to look directly at his face as he concentrated on Kongpob.

As I approached the other side of Kongpob's bed, Arthit looked up at me in surprise.

"Jenny, I didn't hear you come in !!"

I smirked at him just a bit.

"No, you didn't..... Penny for your thoughts ??"

I asked quietly, although I could guess.

"They are worth, a lot more than that...."

He said, running his fingers gently through Kongpob's hair.

"Kongpob's alive, his hand should be well in time, and he will be able to play again......"

He looked back down at him, and that glow was even more pronounced than it had been before.

"I heard you say that you were going to stay with him all night. But you need to feed"

I could see the arguments begin to form as he opened his mouth to speak. I raised my hands and said

"His Doctor said he won't wake until early in the morning. You won't want to leave while he is up, so you need to go now"

He was shaking his head NO.... even as I rounded the bed to put my arm around his biceps to lead him out of the door.

"Arthit, I won't leave him for even a moment. Bright is waiting in Noor's parking space for you now....."

Arthit was looking over his shoulder at the bed even as I led him away.

"Go, now, and you will be back in time before he wakes up"

I gave his arm a squeeze.

"You need this..... you know you do. And besides, Bright wants to challenge you, to see who gets first to home"

A small smile played over Arthit's face as he considered my words. I could see that he saw the pros of going right now, while Kongpob was asleep. He gave me a small hug, glanced back at Kongpob, and then he was flitting down the hallway to the stairway. I heard him say, just as the door closed behind him,

"Call me if anything changes"

And then he was gone.

Turning back into the room, I assessed the monitors that gave feedback as to Kongpob's state of health. Everything looked good. We had spoken very quietly together, he hadn't been disturbed at all.