chapter seventy seven

Alexander KNIGHT.

The hospital brought bad memories, it was the same one that Brooklyn left me and Serenity here. He looks at a posters as my eyes caught one, that was the one poster that made him call her Serenity. I liked that name and checked it out and the meaning was the best one for her. I mean Serenity was not a quiet child but she was energetic and Yes she used lots of diapers even longer than usual but it was her that kept him alive till his day.

"Why did you take her out without my permission? You put my daughter at the hands of death for your carelessness". I spat at her seeing her rocking herself.

She looks up at me and my heart breaks her eyes were red, her cheeks were red and she was not even blushing and her nose was red also. She was shaking and it was oblivious that she was having a panic attack but it didn't faze me" A-al-"

"Don't you fucking call my name to get yourself out of this one, you say you're sorry?my daughter is fighting for her-". I paused trying to suppress the sob that was daring to come out of my mouth.

"Alex, I swear I didn't know and if i-".

"She's not your biological daughter, if she was then you won't have been so-, I mean you won't be so careless with her and I should have never trusted you to take care of my daughter but this was a lesson that I would never forget". I say as she bursted into more sobs

"She's my daughter, I love-".

"No, she's mine daughter. Only mine and that excuse for a mother daughter-"

"Stop!". Savanna yells as she puts her hand on her ears"You can not tell me that I don't love her, she is the only one that I look forward to see every day to play with and make her smile, she's my reason for even fucking living".She cuss removing her hands from her ears.

"Stop the fucking drama, Stay away. I'll like you to stay away from me and my daughter forever and never look back".

"A-Alex, what are you saying to me?". She asked me again with unshred tear threatening to come out from her eyes.

"You heard me right! Stay fuck-".

"Enough! I'm fault here. I was careless, I accept it but if you think for a fucking second that I don't love her then you're so blind,why do you think I stayed in a marriage with you because of her". She trailed off "So since you don't want me to see her anymore then take your ring and your fucking necklace!".She yells as she toss the wedding ring and the chain on me landing on my chest as I groan.

"I'm no longer related to you or her, I'll not explain my love for Serenity to you. I love her to death and I wished that I was the one in the accident not her but she on that bed, just tell her that I love her".Savanna says with finality in her tone before she turns around and she clenched her fist before running out.

Something in me broke hard, her word repeats in my head with echoes. I wish that I was in the accident not her. It hits me so hard that I had to sit down as the door opens and the doctor looks at me.

"Mr knight, We finished the surgery. We can't say anything about her until she's awake but we put her right leg in a cast for now because it was broken but We'll access her when she wakes up".The doc says as my heart clenched again.

My daughter is using a cast now, I look at the ring and my legs takes me to the trash bin as dump the ring there then I check the ICU room just to have a peek of my daughter seeing her unconscious. I didn't throw the ring away but I tuck it in my pocket and sat down outside the ICU room for some time.