for myself

blue

"my phone number is added to your contacts, you'll know which one. i gotta go meet my brother's girlfriend for dinner, see you around."

"yeah, see you. text me when you're at your destination?" i raised a brow

"i will." she smiled before closing the door.

"bitch-", cole stared me down. "the one time i actually want to talk to you, you are in lala land?"

"sorry, what were you saying?"

"i met this boy and i really like him but i don't even know if he knows i exist." she summed up the situation.

"approach him, be friendly but a little more than friendly, do a vibe check. if he's into it, YAAY! if not, oh well, get over it. boys are gross anyways." i shrugged.

"thanks so much for your help." cole rolled her eyes.

"so what are you doing?" i took a bag of chips from her bed side table.

"homework." she replied. "you really need to get yourself some actual friends."

"i have friends!" i raised my voice up a notch.

"who? your boss from new york and her boyfriend?"

"yes, they're my friends! and lucas!" i added.

"that's so sad." she shook her head in pitty.

"no, it's not sad. i don't need friends to fill up that hole of loneliness in me, trust me that won't work. plus, too many friends will screw you over. i don't have the time and energy for that!" i crunched up some chips in my mouth.

"yeah, sure. but you're always annoying me when i have school to do! blue i'm in my senior year."

"i am literally never home, and when i am, the only reason i am here is for you okay? so if you don't want me to be over all the time. i won't even bother visiting. does that sound good to you?"

"yeah that sounds amazing, thank you. have fun in Vegas or some stupid state!" she yelled at me as i stormed out of the house.

"i get it! you're daddies little girl. you're going to make a brand out of yourself. you're gonna make him so proud. you wanna do your homework and you wanna do well on your exams, and you wanna prove that you're better so you don't end up being a disappointment like me." i muttered to myself as i approached the door.

"blue?" jasmines voice caut my attention.

"yeah?" i stopped.

"you okay? do you need to talk?" she asked.

"no." i sighed and flipped my hair. "it's just, i come here to be with cole and she's being a bitch."

"define 'being a bitch'" she raised a brow as i sat opposite of her on the couch.

"she doesn't have time for me at all, she's always saying she has school. i asked her to help me dye my hair and she said she had to study. i literally let a stranger i met at sally's dye my hair for me. i just want to have a normal conversation with her, but no she has to be studying. like bro the only fucking reason i come back is you, only you."