heart skip

billie

"can finneas come over?" i asked. "i'm stuck with this verse and i know he'll be able to find the perfect words for it. i swear he's a lyrical genius."

"yeah, i wanna meet him!" blue exclaimed from the bed. "if he's with claudia, let her come over too."

"they live together so i'm pretty sure that they are together." i chuckled. "i told finneas about the studio the other day and he was iffy about coming over. i told him that's cause he didn't know you."

"i'll talk to him then, put him on face time." she ordered.

"alright." i shrugged and clicked on finneas' contact.

"hel- hi?" finneas answered the phone.

"hey hi hello finneas, you and your girlfriend are being forced to come over to the studio billie talked to you about. you have no choice but to do so. you may talk now." blue said.

"blue?" finneas frowned his brows.

"finneas?" she sent back the same energy.

"claudia! you're good with communicating with women, come and talk my sister's crush!" finneas yelled, blue's eye instantly met mine with a smirk on her face. she winked my way before looking at the screen once again as claudia was in frame, leaving me with rosy cheeks.

"holly shit, you're hot!" blue causally said. "i love your outfit." she complimented.

"thank you! who are you again?" claudia asked.

"i'm blue." she answered.

"ooooooh." claudia said in realization. "a certain someone has a big big crush on you." she whispered.

"claudia! i'm right here, the person who is holding the phone..." i widen my eyes.

"oh, i know." replied blue. "also you're coming over to the studio, finneas seems to be a little shy."

"oh, yeah, absolutely. we are on our way." claudia violently nodded.

"i am not shy! i'm scared of you!" finneas yelled from a distance.

"even better!" i clapped my hands.

"are you being ser-" claudia could be heard before she hung up.

"did she just hang up without saying goodbye? is that a thing you do?" i asked.

"yes she did and no it's not. finneas is probably being laughed at right this moment. chill, they'll be here in a couple of minutes." billie said.

"oh! how did i forget to tell you!?" i suddenly came to a realization. "we listened to your music!"

"oh no, why did you tell me?" billie groaned.

"oh god, are you having sex?" lucas' voice was heard from the door. he shows up whenever he wants to, which is concerning... but blue says he always seems to know when to come over. it's like he's psychic.

"you're all good!" yelled cole.

"sorry if i made shit awkward, you can go back to your conversation." he flopped on the bed with blue and cole.

"no, no need to go back to that conversation." i shook my head.

"why? what were you taking about?" lucas asked.

"billie's music." blue said.

"oh yeah, you're really good. i listen to some of your stuff." lucas widened his eyes. "i love ocean eyes and idontwannabeyouanymore."

"tell the mirror was she's heard before, i don't wanna be you anymore." blue quoted. "that hit so fucking hard, i love that song."

"cole, do you know what you want to major in in college?" i asked in a desperate attempt to changing the conversation.