the fight

blue

"i don't know if i like this billie." i huffed, looking at myself in the mirror the day after i dyed my hair.

"it'll grow on you." she joined me in the bathroom, put some toothpaste on her toothbrush and started brushing her teeth. "i like it, you look sexy."

"right now i don't." i shook my head. "my face is so puffy for no literal reason when i wake up! you lie to me everyday we wake up next to each other and you tell me i'm pretty."

"i never lied to you from the day i met you, shut the fuck up." she rolled her eyes before spitting the toothpaste out of her mouth and washing her mouth.

"i wanna post something on instagram, but i don't know what. it's like, i've become so scared to even post anything, even on my story, because i have this new huge following." i complained while relocating back to billie's room and started brushing my hair at her vanity.

billie took my phone and snapped a picture of me from the back, but you could see me through the mirror. "here post this on you story" she gave me the phone.

"i can't, your fans follow me. they'll know i'm in your room billie." i said.

"so what? let them know you're in my room." she shrugged.

"at 8am in the morning? wearing nothing but your t-shirt and short shorts? aren't you scared they might speculate something might be going on between the both of us?" i questioned and looked at the photo. "oh and if they weren't sure i was in your room they'll know for sure i was with youcause your reflection shows in the mirror."

"so what blue? post it! you look cute." billie sat on the edge of her bed.

"you sure?" i bit my lip contemplating.

"yes! blue! do it!"

"fine! fine! i did it." i posted the picture on my instagram story.

"see that wasn't that hard, come on." she sat up and extended her arm for me to take. "mom made pancakes."

"ah blue!" maggie exclaimed. "your hair is blue!"

"really? it looks green to me." i touched the hair on my scalp and brought it way too close to my eye.

"yeah mom it's green maybe you should get your eyes checked out by the eye doctor." billie said.

"or maybe we're color blind, maybe we really are soulmates and we are sick at the same time cause our souls are tied together now." i widened my eyes.

"how do you have this much energy right after you woke up?" maggie laughed.

"i have no idea, i used to never be like this and on a serious note i don't know if i like my hair." i shrugged siting on the chair by the counter.

"i love it, you're just weirded out by it because you've had red hair for two years. you'll get used to it, then you'll get to appreciate it." maggie said as she fixed me a plate of pancakes.

"reminds me of little billie when she had that really dark blue in her hair. i liked the blue on you, billie. it matched your blue eyes." patrick said.

"everyone liked the blue but me. the blue just reminds me of shit i don't want to be reminded of so it's better off if we just move on." billie said before stuffing her cheeks with a fork full of pancakes.

"if it's worth anything you're gonna see little billie again when she turns into a blonde girl next." i said.

"that's in the far future, i'm not planing on changing the black hair anytime soon. my hair has finally stopped falling into clumps in my hands." she shook her head.