stupioscity

billie

it's the day before our flight to miami, blue invited my family and i to her father's house for lunch. everyone is arriving there separately, mom and dad in their own car, claudia and finneas in their own and i'm just driving up to blue's childhood home now.

"holly shit." my mouth dropped wide open. "she wasn't joking when she said mansion." i shook my head in disbelief.

i called blue, telling her i'm outside and that i didn't want to go in there on my own. she told me she was on her way outside to bring me in. a couple seconds later she came skipping from the front door to greet me with a kiss.

"come on, dad and jasmine are dying to meet you." she took my hand and dragged me into the house.

"slow down i'm not going to run away!" i laughed as she slowed down. "wait." i stopped her.

"what?"

"i have a confession to make." i announced. "i'm so so so scared of your dad. i may or may not have googled him earlier and bro he's so intimidating."

"he's not scary or intimidating, i promise. come on, i'll protect you, even though, trust me it won't be necessary." she kissed my cheek before leading me to the living room where her father and his wife were.

they immediately stood up to greet me, "billie that's my dad and jasmine my step mom, dad and jasmine, this is billie." she introduced us.

"nice to meet you mr. miller." i shook blue's dad's hands.

"oh please, call me richard."

"i'll keep that in mind." i smiled nervously.

"nice to finally meet you, billie. i've heard a lot of things about you, was wondering when i'll be able to meet you. you look stunning." jasmine said as i shook her hand.

"oh, thank you." i tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "the others should get here soon, they were right behind me."

"billie!" cole yelled from the stairs.

"hey kid! congratulations on graduating, i haven't gotten the chance to tell you that." i hugged her once she made her way to me.

"thank you, now i just gotta see if i got accepted to the ivy league college i want to go. no biggie." she sighed.

"i hope it's okay, we knocked on the door and no one came, so we just let ourselves in." claudia awkwardly said.

"oh no that's fine! no one here knocks or even rings the bell." jasmine said as she made her way towards clauds and finneas. "let me get that from you." she took the plate of dessert from claudia and put it on the kitchen counter which was a few feet away. "oh god, how rude of me. i'm jasmine, blue's step mother." she said as she shook both the couple's hands.

"i'm finneas, billie's brother." finneas said.

"and i'm claudia her sister in law."

"please come in, make yourselves comfortable." jasmine led them to the couches were the rest of us were. fin and claudia exchanged 'nice to meet you's with blue's dad and soon the exact same thing happened when my parents arrived.