labor

blue

"blue can you please get me a glass of water?" claudia asked, the moment i sat on the couch.

sighed and contained my frustration. she's pregnant, she's parched and she probably has been waiting for someone to get in the living room to ask them for a glass since she can't get it herself. i mean she could but it's a whole workout.

billie and i are in fin and clauds' house because finneas has a meeting but he couldn't leave his wife alone. i offered to stay and take care of claudia while he's gone and billie volunteered too. he didn't budge for a while, but he eventually did, it's only a couple hours that he's going to be gone anyway.

"here you go. made it just how you like it, room temperature with two ice cubes only." i handed claudia her water.

"you're the best." she groaned.

"i know, no need to tell me." i winked her way. "you know... since i'm the the best, you should tell me what you're gonna call her." i said, referring to the baby.

"you have to wait like everyone else is." claudia replied.

"but i don't get why you want to wait till she's here to tell everyone her name!"

"because that's what i want!" she matched my tone.

"but i'm sick." i pouted and coughed.

"no." she shook her head. "you don't get to guilt trip me into telling you my baby's name because you're sick!" she widened her eyes and and pointed my index finger at me. i started laughing because i found that hilarious. "you're evil." she laughed with me.

"i had to at least try." i rolled my eyes.

"you're gonna make me pee." she wiped the corners of her eyes where her tears sat.

"blue you can not make her laugh!" billie yelled from the other room.

"i'm sorry." i wasn't sure if i was saying that to billie or claudia but i knew i was laughing my ass off over this whole situation.

"blue!" claudia slapped my leg.

"what!" i rubbed my leg because that shit stung.

"i seriously think i peed myself." she laughed, barley even taking a break to sneak in a little oxygen into her lungs.

"what?" i widened my eye still laughing.

"i have a dipper on, but i peed." she managed to get out through her laughs.

"oh my god." i finally started to contain myself. "do you wanna go change?"

"yes!" she replied with a "duh" tone. i shook my head giggling the whole way to claudia's bathroom, where i dropped her off, even then i couldn't manage to stop, hearing the the plastic shuffling and the full dipper being dumped into the trash was way too entertaining.

claudia opened the door with a blank face, "i don't think that was pee." she said. "pretty sure my water broke."

"what?" my whole face dropped.