coping 

billie

"she didn't eat, she didn't cry, she isn't talking, she didn't sleep, she isn't doing anything at all she's doing is staring at the wall or the ceiling."

"i'll try with her, mom. but she needs space right now."

"please do."

"hey billie, mom bought your favorite vegan burger. do you want to try some?"

"she made some cinnamon buns too, do you want those?"

"billie?"

"mom, i told you she needs space."

"finneas she isn't eating or sleeping. this is not good for her."

"i know mom but her girlfriend just died, you can't force her to do something she doesn't want to do. she'll come around."

"well do you want dinner? dad isn't home and no one is here to stay and eat with me. i need a distraction from my thoughts."

"what's going on mom?"

"i don't know, she deserved everything."

"she did"

"claudia isn't okay, she's been crying since the moment she walked out of the room."

"we're all grieving, such a beautiful soul lost too soon."
-

"hey miss, are you sure it's safe up there?"

"miss!?"

"what's going on?"

"oh my god! billie what are you doing up there?"

"patrick! get out here!"

"what?"

"billie it's not safe up there, what are you doing!?"

"you stay here and i'll go up there with her."

"be careful, it's probably slippery from the rain the other day."

"yeah yeah i will."

"hey billie, how about we get down? do you want to go on a ride in the car? i'll be quiet the whole ride. or do you want me to take you to a park?"

"billie please, get back in. you're scaring me."

"nothing?"

"good! just be careful, don't slip. hold my hand."

"is she good?"

"yes patrick!"

"you're freezing. here, wear this jacket."

"follow me i'll get the car keys and we'll drive around the neighborhood."

"no? you don't want that?"

"okay."

"i'll be downstairs if you want anything."

"is she okay?"

"yeah, she just laid down on her bed."

"she's been like that for two days, she hasn't eaten anything in the past 48 hours. she's torturing herself and she's fucking torturing me with her."
-

"i made your favorite lasagna, i'll leave it here. for whenever you feel like eating."

-

"it smells awful in here, oh my god!"

"since when has this lasagna been here? i'm getting it out of here and spraying this room, goddamn."

"i got you your favorite snacks and the stuffy you used to always cuddle with when you stayed over at mine."