blind date

blue

"you're back!" dad said.

"yeah, arrived earlier today." i said.

"did you have fun?" he asked. "you took a friend with you, right?"

"i did, it was very memorable." i answered.

"i'm glad." he genuinely said. "did you witness another ufo?"

"i did, i wasn't gonna leave without seeing one." i answered.

"do have any plans? new auditions like you mentioned the other day?"

"no, didn't start looking again until today actually, i didn't get the part for my first audition, at least i don't think so. they never called back." i answered.

"i can talk to some of my friends, i'm sure they know where to audition." he offered.

"oh, i don't know. i don't want to be an inconvenience to them, i'll figure myself out." i answered.

"if you want some advice from your dad, it's gonna be, whenever life gives you an opportunity you take it without hesitation. you never know what could happen."

"hey dad?"

"yeah?"

"did you do anything with mom's situation?" i asked.

"i'm taking care of it, don't ask me questions about it, i'll tell you and your sister know when it's time." he replied.

"dad. i don't need you to protect me."

"i'll always protect you, even if you don't want me to. it's what i'm supposed to do, it's what i'm programmed to do."

"can you at least tell me if she knows we know?" i sighed.

"she knows you know." he answered.

she knows we know. did she care? did she ever care about us? if we really ruined her life, does that mean she never loved us?

she could've gotten an abortion and never had cole.

i don't even know why i care when i haven't cared in forever. maybe it's hope that it's her addiction and not actually her.

hope can destroy someone can fix them too, which is why i hate hope. the thing is, you can't control yourself when it comes down to it. which is why i hat when someone says "don't get your hopes up"

that's bullshit.

"your nose." dad frowned his brows.

"what?"

"your nose is bleeding." he quickly grabbed a cloth and put it on my nose. "jesus blue, have you been to your check ups at the hospital?"

"yes i have, i'm totally healthy. it's just a nose bleed." i walked to the kitchen sink to wash the blood out while dad fetched me some ice.

"here." he handed me the cloth that was stuffed in ice. "when is your next appointment?" he sighed.

"in two days." i answered.

"you call me right after that, i'm gonna call dr. mandosa." he took out his phone and started searching for mr. mandosa's contact.

"i'm going to be at cole's room." i mumbled.

"another nose bleed?" cole glanced at me.

"yup."

"bet dad is freaking the fuck out." she chuckled.