momments

blue

i've been dreading this day for a long time. my family has aperently decided that every friday night we'd have to have dinner with each other over at dad's. it's good in some ways but i hate that i had to leave billie when we were having a great time together.

"you're late." dad stated as i joined them at the table.

"i know, i'm so sorry. i was with billie and we were planing on what to pack and what to leave and shit. she's leaving most of her stuff at her parents' house while i'm taking most of my stuff with me."

"why didn't you let me read your contract before you signed it?" dad frowned.

"you don't have to read all the contracts i sign dad, you're not a loyer, plus i'm sure someone from billie's team did read it." i answered.

"when are you planing on moving in?" mom asked.

"i don't know, as soon as we get our stuff packed and ready to be uhauled into the apartment, i guess." i shrugged.

"do you need any help with the packing? i would be happy to help." mom said.

"oh no, billie and i are managing just fine on our own." i declined. "i'll let you know of i need something though."

"do you want to take anything from your room here?" dad asked.

"no, and do not touch that room, you have many other empty rooms you can do shit with. that room is my childhood, and my teenage life, i have changed it many times and now it's perfection." i warned.

that room was the only place i felt remotely normal. i was away from the depressing hospital sceneary and back to a safe and private space, where i could actually gain control over the room's temperature.

i always locked myself in there, which is why dad always tried to extend my hospital visits. the only person i let in was my sister, i only very rarely let in jasmine or dad, cause it was always a lecture on how i need to take my health seriously.

"i'd never touch it and you know that."

"even if he thought about it, i would never let him." jasmine added.

"good." i simply said.

"how's college going, cole?" mom asked.

"good, made some new friends, my roommate is not a weirdo and my professors love me." she shrugged.

"how are you and kyle?" i asked, since i haven't heard from him in a fat minute.

"great! but he's been in new jersey visiting his cousins for a wedding they're having. his family from all around the states are meeting there, he'll be back on wednesday though." she answered.

"are you guys free on tuesday?" mom asked.

"i'm not sure." i shrugged.

"i only have one class that day, at 1. why?" cole answered.

"i was thinking we could have a mothers and daughters night at my salon? we could get our nails done and our hair done and it'll all be on me." mom said.