ginger

billie

"are you really going to drive silver to the salon?" riley asked, secretly hoping for a yes. she's been dying to ride silver for a while now, before blue left even.

"yes i'm going to drive silver to the salon." i blinked.

"do you even trust yourself to drive on the highway  with silver? like do you think it's safe?" ivy asked.

"i've done it a handful of times, i should be fine." i answered.

"yeah but you've done it late at night when there aren't lots of cars on the street." ivy said.

"i mean, it's not exactly rush hour. so im gonna be fine." i brushed her off.

"i kinda want to ride silver." riley said.

"no! riley don't go supporting this!" ivy scolded.

"what! she obviously knows how to ride it, and blue trusted her enough to give it to her." riley said.

"yeah, do you think blue is gonna make me do something that'll hurt me? no." i said as i laced up my shoes. "so you coming riley? or..." i raised a brow.

"alright." she stood up.

"meet you there?" i asked ivy before leaving the room.

"yup." she sighed.

riley and i walked into the elevator, trusting ivy to lock up and of course she couldn't help but ask questions. "is it scary?"

"it was to me, at first. but then i got used to it and now i find it freeing." i shrugged.

"like late night drives in dragon?"

"yeah, kind off." i nodded.

"you have another helmet right?" i could see the concern in her eyes.

"riley. i used to ride with blue, yes i have another helmet." i rolled my eyes, stepped out of the elevator and made my way to silver. blue giving me silver made me think of who i would give dragon to if i left. i don't have anyone that i trust with her, at all.

"thanks." riley said after she took the helmet i gave her. i went ahead and put mine on, but before i could get on silver, riley stopped me, "can you help me? i don't know how i'm supposed to put it on."

and a sudden flash back of me outside of sally's minutes after i met blue, asking her to help me out on my helmet to go and dye each other's hair at her hotel room. "billie?"

"oh yeah, sorry." i snapped out of it and helped her with her helmet. "just hug my waist." i instructed riley before taking off.

i feel like i've adopted so many of blue's traits after she left. or maybe i've adopted them along the way of us dating and i didn't notice it until she wasn't there to blind me of what was happening, because it felt so natural.

"holy shit i might just have to learn and buy my own motorcycle! this is so cool!" riley yelled.

i only smiled and continued my way to the salon. we were there in no time, i chained silver and checked in for my appointment, riley doing the same moments after. "so what are we thinking for today?" heather, my hairstylist asked with a smile.

"i wanna go blonde." i smiled back.

"blonde!" she widened her eyes.

"yeah, my roots have already grown out since i haven't been here in a minute. i wanna cut it into a lil bob too, but i wanna go blonde." i nodded.

"okay, well." she played with my hair. "i'll cut your hair today and we'll start the first round of bleach if the test strand goes well, but hopefully you didn't come in thinking you'd be completely blonde after a couple of hours."